Maruti Suzuki today has launched the 2018 Ciaz facelift with subtle cosmetic and feature upgrades along with a new petrol SHVS engine. The new Maruti Ciaz 2018 facelift lineup is spread across 11 variants and four trims – Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. Prices of the petrol model range from Rs 8.19 lakh to Rs 10.97 lakh and the diesel variants are priced at Rs 9.19 lakh – Rs 10.97 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
1. Under the hood, the new Maruti Ciaz 2018 facelift gets a new 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder K15B petrol engine replacing the old 1.4-litre motor. For the first time, the Indo-Japanese carmaker has introduced the SHVS mild hybrid technology with a petrol powertrain. Boosted with the SHVS technology, the new Ciaz petrol model delivers power worth 103bhp with 138Nm of torque. Read – Maruti Grand Vitara SUV India Launch On The Cards
New Maruti Ciaz 2018 Picture Gallery
2. The new Maruti Ciaz 2018 diesel, on the other, comes with the same Fiat-sourced D13 1.3-litre SHVS engine that’s good enough for 89bhp and 200Nm of torque. Transmission choices include a 5-speed manual (standard) and a 4-speed automatic (only on Delta, Zeta and Alpha petrol trims). The company claims that the new Ciaz petrol can deliver a fuel economy of 21.56kmpl with manual gearbox and 20.28kmpl with automatic transmission. This makes it the most frugal sedan in the country. Read – Maruti Wagon R Launch Details Revealed
3. Major design changes have been on the face of the sedan. The new Maruti Ciaz 2018 features new radiator grille, new LED headlamps with LED DRL (daytime running lights) and revised front bumper with lower air intake. It also gets newly-designed alloy wheels and new LED rear combination lamps. The sedan carline comes in a choice of seven Metallic colour schemes – Nexa Blue, Pearl Sangria Red, Pearl Midnight Black, Metallic Magma Gray, Metallic Premium Silver, Pearl Metallic Dignity Brown and Pear Snow White. Read: Maruti WagonR 7-Seater MPV – 5 Things To Know
4. Feature-wise, the new Maruti Ciaz 2018 facelift is surely more loaded than the old model. The updated version gets lighter faux wood trim, new instrument cluster with a colour MID, adjustable rear headrests and cruise control. Read – Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Cars In India
5. In order to enhance its safety quotient, the Indo-Japanese carmaker is now offering speed alert system and seatbelt reminder for both driver and front passenger as standard. While the dual airbags are standard across the carline, the six airbags are exclusive made available on the top-spec trim.
Latest Video: Mahindra XUV300 – 4 Interesting Facts