Here is a specifications based comparison between the new Tata Harrier and Jeep Compass.
The long-awaited Tata Harrier will officially go on sale in India in January 2019. Bookings for the SUV will officially open on October 15, 2018. In terms of pricing, the SUV will be positioned somewhere between the Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass. We have already compared the Harrier with the Creta, here we bring you a spec based comparison between the Jeep Compass and Tata Harrier. Check out Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass price, specifications, mileage, features and other details –
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Price
|Model Name||Ex-showroom, Delhi||Ex-showroom, Delhi|
|Jeep Compass||Rs 16.6 lakh||Rs 22.86 lakh|
|Tata Harrier Expected()||Rs 13.5 lakh||Rs 18 lakh|
– Jeep Compass is available in both petrol and diesel guise, while the Tata Harrier will only be made available in diesel version.
– While the petrol version of the Compass is priced between Rs 15.39 lakh and Rs 21.42 lakh, the diesel version costs Rs 16.6 lakh for base variant and Rs 22.86 lakh (all the prices are ex-showroom Delhi).
– The Harrier 5-seater premium SUV will undercut the prices of the Compass. It will be priced somewhere between the Rs 13.5 lakh and Rs 18 lakh.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Specifications
– Interestingly, Tata Harrier will share the engine from the Jeep Compass.
– It will be powered by a new 2.0-litre diesel engine, which is called KRYOTEC engine. This engine will be de-tuned to produce a maximum power output of 140bhp and a peak torque of 300Nm. Transmission options will include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque convertor automatic.
– On the flip side, the Jeep Compass’ 2.0L MJD unit is tuned for higher power and torque output. This engine is capable of producing a maximum power output of 173bhp and a peak torque of 350Nm. For transmission duties, the SUV gets a 6-speed manual gearbox.
– Both these SUVs come equipped with all-wheel-drive layout as optional. The Harrier also gets multi-drive modes.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Mileage
– While the petrol version of the Compass returns 14.1kmpl, the diesel version delivers an ARAI certified fuel economy of 17.1kmpl.
– The Tata Harrier is expected to deliver slightly better fuel efficiency, around 18kmpl.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Dimensions
– In terms of proportions, the new Jeep Compass is 4,395mm in length, 1,818mm in width and 1,640mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,636mm. The SUV comes with a ground clearance of 206mm.
– This SUV is based on the H5X concept, which was showcased at the 2018 Delhi Auto Expo. The concept measures 4,575mm in length, 1,950mm in width and 1,686mm in height. It features a large wheelbase of 2,740mm, ensuring spacious cabin. The SUV is likely to carry a ground clearance of around 200mm.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Features
– Jeep’s 5-seater SUV is equipped with a range of high-end comfort and convenience features. While the base variant comes equipped with a 5.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, the top-end variant gets 7.0-inch display.
– Other key features include Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, Bi-Xenon high intensity discharge headlamps, dual-tone roof-top, Jeep’s select terrain management system, six airbags, traction control, keyless entry with push button start-stop, rear parking sensors and multi-functional steering wheel.
– The Harrier 5-seater SUV will be equipped with a floating touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, large front seats with overhead storage binnacle and memory function, automatic climate control and rear air-conditioning vents.
– For passengers’ safety and security, the SUV gets anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), traction control, hill hold control and electronic stability program with roll over mitigation.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass
- Overall Rating