Here’s a specifications based comparison between the all-new Tata Harrier and Jeep Compass.
The long-awaited Tata Harrier is all set to hit Indian roads in January 2019. Ahead of its official launch, the bookings for the SUV have already been commenced at token amount of Rs 30,000. In terms of pricing, the Harrier will sit between the Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass. While we have driven the SUV and were quite impressed, how does it fair against its arch rival – Jeep Compass? Here, we bring you a brief specification-based comparison between Tata Harrier and Jeep Compass.
Check out Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass – Price, Specifications, Mileage, Features and Other details.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Price
|Tata Harrier||Rs 13.5 lakh – Rs 18 lakh (Expected)|
|Jeep Compass (Diesel)||Rs 16.6 lakh – Rs 22.86 lakh|
– While the Jeep Compass comes with both petrol and diesel engine options, the Tata Harrier will be made available with diesel powertrain only.
– Currently, the petrol variants of the Jeep Compass are priced between Rs 15.39 lakh and Rs 21.42 lakh and the diesel models cost between Rs 16.6 lakh and Rs 22.86 lakh (all, ex-showroom Delhi).
– Tata’s new 5-seater premium SUV is likely to more affordable than the Compass. Read – Tata Harrier Vs Hyundai Creta
– The home-grown carmaker has confirmed that the on-road prices of the Tata Harrier will fall in the range of Rs 16 lakh – Rs 21 lakh. That means, the ex-showroom prices will be around Rs 13.5 lakh and Rs 18 lakh.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Specifications
|Specifications||Tata Harrier||Jeep Compass|
|Diesel Engine||2.0L Kryotec||2.0L MJD|
|Transmission||6-speed MT||6-speed MT & AT|
|Drivetrain||FWD||FWD & AWD|
– Interestingly, Tata Harrier shares its engine with its close competitor – the Jeep Compass.
– The Compass makes use of a 2.0L MJD diesel motor that’s tuned for generating higher power and torque outputs. It delivers power worth 171bhp against 350Nm of torque.
– Tata has named this 2.0L diesel, four-cylinder powertrain – KRYOTEC – that’s built on low friction valve train architecture and advanced EGR. It’s claimed to meet the stringent emission requirements and return better fuel efficiency.
– The Kryotec is BSVI-ready and have a low carbon footprint. Though, it’s less powerful (around 33bhp) than the Jeep Compass. It delivers a claimed power output of 138bhp (140PS) with a peak torque of 350Nm.
– Both the SUVs come with a 6-speed manual gearbox only. Read: Tata Harrier – 10 Interesting Facts
– The Jeep Compass can be brought either with FWD (front-wheel-drive) or 4WD (four-wheel-drive) system.
– The Tata Harrier, on the other hand, comes with FWD drivetrain system only. The SUV carline misses out on AWD system. It offers multi-drive modes – City, Eco and Sport – along with the ESP Terrain response modes – Rough, Normal and Wet.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Mileage
|Tata Harrier||Around 18kmpl|
|Jeep Compass (Diesel)||17.1kmpl|
– The petrol version of the Jeep Compass returns a claimed mileage of 14.1kmpl, the diesel version delivers an ARAI certified fuel economy of 17.1kmpl.
– The Tata Harrier shares its powertrain with the Compass. Though, it has been revised with low friction valve train architecture and advanced EGR that claim to improve its fuel efficiency. While the official mileage figures are yet to be announced, it is expected to deliver around 18kmpl. Pictures – Tata Harrier Will Look Hot In These 3 Colours
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Dimensions
|Dimensions||Tata Harrier||Jeep Compass|
– In terms of proportions, the new Jeep Compass is 4,395mm in length, 1,818mm in width and 1,640mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,636mm. The SUV comes with a ground clearance of 206mm and offers a boot space of 408-litres.
– Tata Harrier, on the other hand, measures 4,598mm in length, 1,8940mm in width and 1,714mm in height. It features a 2,741mm long wheelbase, ensuring spacious cabin. The SUV’s ground clearance stands at 205mm and it provides a cargo volume of 810-litres.
– That means, the Harrier is 203mm longer, 76mm wider and 74mm taller than the Compass. Its wheelbase, too, is 105mm longer than its rival. This also ensures that Tata’s new SUV will have more cabin space to offer.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Features
– Jeep’s 5-seater SUV comes equipped with a range of high-end comfort and convenience features. While the base variant comes equipped with a 5.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, the top-end variant gets 7.0-inch display unit.
– Other key features include Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, Bi-Xenon high intensity discharge headlamps, dual-tone roof-top, Jeep’s select terrain management system, six airbags, traction control, keyless entry with push button start-stop, rear parking sensors and multi-functional steering wheel.
– The Tata Harrier will be equipped with a floating 8.8-inch touchscreen infotainment system supporting Android Auto, large front seats with overhead storage binnacle and memory function, automatic climate control and rear air-conditioning vents.
– Tata’s new SUV gets Xenon HID projector headlamps instead of LED units. Features such as leather seat upholstery and door pad inserts, leather wrapped steering wheel and gearshift knob and JBL audio system are reserved for the top-spec trim.
– The list of standard features includes projector headlamps, dual function DRLs with turn indicators, electrically adjustable outer mirrors, power steering and windows and tilt and telescopic adjustable steering wheel.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass Safety Features
– The Jeep Compass gets dual front airbags, ABS (anti-lock braking system) with EBD (electronic brake-force distribution), stability and traction control, electric parking brake and four-wheel disc brakes as standard safety fitments.
– The dual front, side and curtain airbags (4X4 only) and rear camera are reserved for the range-topping Limited variant.
– Tata Harrier has more safety features than the Compass. The premium SUV offers dual airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, central locking and perimetric alarm system as standard equipment. Features such as reverse parking camera, cruise controls and remote central locking are also on offer.
– The top-spec Harrier XZ trim is exclusively offered with 6 airbags, hill hold control, hill decent control, roll over mitigation, electronic stability program, corner stability control, child seat ISOFIX anchor points, electronic traction control and brake disc wiping.
Tata Harrier Vs Jeep Compass
- Overall Rating