Hyundai Creta is currently the best-selling 5-seater premium SUV in the Indian market. The vehicle is currently dominating this segment, which will soon receive a range of new SUVs including Nissan Kicks, Tata Harrier and Maruti Suzuki Vitara. The Harrier will be the biggest challenge for Creta, as it is claimed to be the biggest, most spacious, powerful and feature loaded than the Creta SUV. Most of the details about the Tata Harrier have already been leaked online. Here we bring you a spec based comparison between the Tata Harrier and Hyundai Creta –
Tata Harrier Vs Hyundai Creta – Price
|Model Name||Ex-showroom, Delhi||Ex-showroom, Delhi|
|Hyundai Creta||Rs 9.44 lakh||Rs 15.11 lakh|
|Tata Harrier Expected()||Rs 12 lakh||Rs 18 lakh|
– The Hyundai Creta compact SUV is available in both petrol and diesel guise. While the petrol version is priced in the range of Rs 9.44 lakh – Rs 13.63 lakh, the diesel version costs between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 15.11 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
– Tata Harrier on the other side is bigger and more powerful than the Creta. However, Tata Motors is aiming to price this SUV aggressively in the market. It is expected to be priced between Rs 12 lakh and Rs 18 lakh.
Tata Harrier Vs Hyundai Creta – Specifications
– For the 2018 model year, the 2018 Hyundai Creta facelift is available with 3 engine options – a 1.4-litre CRDi diesel, a 1.6-litre U2 CRDi diesel and a 1.6-litre petrol unit. The gasoline engine is capable of producing 121bhp of power and 151Nm of torque.
– While the 1.4-litre CRDi diesel engine is capable of producing 89bhp of power and 220Nm of torque, the 1.6-litre unit is good for 126bhp of power and 259Nm of torque.
– It is available in 3 transmission options – a 5-speed manual, a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic unit.
– Tata Harrier, on the other side, will source the Fiat’s 2.0-litre MJD diesel engine, which also powers the Jeep Compass. While powering the Compass, this engine is capable of producing 170bhp of power and 350Nm of torque.
– However, Tata Motors will de-tune this engine for better efficiency. This engine churns out 140bhp of power and 350Nm of torque.
– A six-speed manual gearbox will come as standard. The SUV will also get a six-speed automatic gearbox, which will be sourced from Hyundai. Additionally, it will also get a 4×4 drivetrain along with standard 4×2 drive system. Also See – 2018 Mahindra XUV500 Vs Tata Hexa – Comparison
Tata Harrier Vs Hyundai Creta – Mileage
– The Creta compact SUV petrol version is claimed to return an ARAI certified fuel economy of 15.29 kmpl. On the other hand, the 1.4L U2 CRDi diesel version comes with an impressive mileage of 21.38kmpl. The 1.6L U2 CRDi equipped model delivers 19.67kmpl in manual mode and 17.01kmpl in automatic model.
– Tata Harrier will initially come in diesel version only. The Jeep Compass 4×2 model is claimed to return 17.1kmpl, while the 4×4 variant returns 16.3kmpl.
– We believe that the Harrier diesel model will be more fuel efficient than the Compass. It is expected to deliver somewhere around 18-19kmpl.
Tata Harrier Vs Hyundai Creta – Dimensions
– In terms of proportions, the Creta compact SUV is 4,270mm in length, 1,780mm in width and 1,630mm in height. The vehicle comes with a wheelbase of 2,590mm, while the ground clearance stands at 183mm. The SUV offers a luggage carrying capacity of 400-litres. Also See – New Hyundai Creta Vs Old Creta – Major Changes
– Tata Harrier was first previewed at the 2018 Delhi Auto Expo as the H5X concept. The concept measures 4,575mm in length, 1,950mm in width and 1686mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,740mm. The SUV is likely to carry a ground clearance of around 200mm. If dimensions remain true to the concept model, the Harrier will be the biggest SUV in its category. In fact, it will be bigger than the Jeep Compass and Hyundai Tucson.