Hero MotoCorp recently took the wraps off its first ever 200cc naked sport motorcycle – the Hero Xtreme 200R. Designed and developed in-house, this new Hero bike will see a release in April, 2018. Prior to its price announcement, the bike will make its public debut at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The Gurgaon-based two-wheeler manufacturer claims that it has worked on five aspects of the bike – ergonomics, stability, handling, sound and engine and braking performance. In the 200cc segment, the Hero Xtreme 200 R will take fight against the TVS Apache RTR 200. While there is still some time before the 200cc bike goes on sale in India, we bring you a spec-based comparison between Hero Xtreme 200 R and its close rival TVS Apache RTR 200.
Hero Xtreme 200R Vs TVS Apache RTR 200 – Price
|Xtreme 200R||Rs 90,000 – Rs 1.10 lakh (Expected)|
|Apache RTR 200||Rs 93,206 to Rs 1.05 lakh (ex-Delhi)|
– Hero’s 200cc bike will make its public appearance at the upcoming 2018 Auto Expo in February, followed by its launch in April.
– The naked sport bike was first showcased in 2016 at the biennial event in concept form and while most of the elements have been retained in the production version. However, Hero has added new bits for a sportier look.
– With new styling additions and tech on par with rivals, expect the model to be priced between Rs 90,000 to Rs 1.10 lakh.
– The TVS Apache RTR 200 is available in three variants – the standard RTR 200, RTR 200 FI and RTR 200 Pirelli. Priced at Rs 93,205, the standard RTR 200 is the most affordable of all the trims, whereas the 200 Pirelli variant is slightly pricier at Rs 98,205. The bike is also available in FI version that costs Rs 1,05,905 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Read – Hero Xtreme 200R Vs Bajaj Pulsar NS200
Hero Xtreme 200R Vs TVS Apache RTR 200 – Specifications
|Specifications||Xtreme 200R||Apache RTR 200|
|Engine||200cc, 4-stroke, single cylinder||197.75cc, single cylinder, oil-cooled|
|Acceleration (0-60)||4.6 seconds||3.9 seconds|
|Top Speed||112kmph||127- 129kmph|
– Hero’s new naked streetfighter comes equipped with an all-new 200cc, 4-stroke, single cylinder, air-cooled engine pushing out a top power of 18.4bhp at 8,000rpm and 17.1Nm torque at 6,500rpm. For power transmission, it uses a 5-speed gearbox and equips disc brakes at both ends for retarding power.
– The bike can do 0-60kmph in 4.6 seconds, while offering a top sped of 112kmph. Additionally, Hero has layered a single channel ABS system (optional) on the 200cc naked bike. To accommodate monoshock suspension at front and an 8-step adjustable monoshock absorbers at rear.
– TVS Apache RTR 200 sources its power from a 197.75cc, single cylinder, 4-valve, oil-cooled SOHC unit coupled to a 5-speed unit. The maximum power generated by the single cylinder engine is around 20.2bhp at 8,500rpm along with 18.1Nm peak torque. It takes around 3.9 seconds to sprint from rest to 60kmph and achieves top speed between 127 to 129kmph. Check Out – Hero Xtreme 200R Explained in Picutres
Hero Xtreme 200R Vs TVS Apache RTR 200 – Features
– The Hero Xtreme 200R comes with a host of features including air vents in front cowl, belly-pan, tank-shroud, mono halogen headlamp, LED positioning lights, LED taillamp and dual tone colour schemes.
– Additionally, it receives multi-spoke 17-inch wheels, coloured inner mud guard, contrast-coloured front mud guard and analog-digital instrument console.
– The Apache RTR 200 gets an array of tech including the clip-on handlebars, split seats, headlamps with DRLs, under seat exhaust, digital instrument console, mobile charging point, mudguard integrated LED taillamp and optional dual channel ABS etc. It rides on the 17-inch tyres at both ends and feature offset monoshock suspension set up. Check Out – Upcoming Hero Bikes in India
Hero Xtreme 200R Vs TVS Apache RTR 200 – Mileage
|Apache RTR 200||37- 47kmpl|
– Hero claims that the Hero Xtreme 200R can deliver fuel economy of 40kmpl.
– As for the TVS’ 200cc bike, it is claimed to return 35kmpl within city and between 40-45kmpl on highways. The FI version on the other hand is rated at 37kmpl in city and 47kmpl on highways.
Hero Xtreme 200R Vs TVS Apache RTR 200 – Design
– The Xtreme 200R naked streetfighter carries the ‘Cheetah’ inspired design theme and is based on the robust diamond type chassis. Elements used for styling inject aggression and add sporty flair to its looks. It gets air-vents in front cowl, belly-pan and tank-shroud that ensure better cooling of the engine and aide improved performance.
– Up front, there is a mono halogen headlamp. The bike also gets LED positioning lights and LED taillamp. It additionally gets coloured inner mud guard at rear tyre, a contrast-coloured front mud guard, 17-inch alloy wheels and an analog-digital instrument console.
– TVS’ naked streetfighter is based on the double cradle split synchro stiff chassis and borrows design cues from the Darken concept that was displayed at the 2014 Auto Expo. Belonging to the RTR family, it has a strong resemblance with the RTR 160 and RTR 180 models.
– The Apache RTR 200 additionally features new clip-on handlebars, fuel-tank with extensions, new headlamp cluster, redesigned alloy wheels and a split seat. The new digital instrument cluster in front comes with a tachometer and a large rev-limiter light.
– Other bits that accentuate its sporty character include black finishing on the engine, reworked exhaust with twin mufflers & mud-guards. The design & styling of the FI version is same as the carburetted variants save for the additional ‘Royal Crown Fly Screen (Visor). Read – Upcoming Hero Bikes & Scooters At 2018 Auto Expo
Hero Xtreme 200R Picture Gallery