The new-generation Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin has finally been launched in the country. The adventure tourer comes in two variants – manual and DCT automatic – priced at Rs 15.35 lakh and Rs 16.10 lakh respectively. Deliveries of the motorcycle will begin in May, 2020.
– The previous-generation model, which was available with a 6-speed DCT gearbox, was priced at Rs 13.5 lakh (ex-showroom). Read – 5 Interesting Facts About Honda Forza 300
– At the heart of the 2020 Honda Africa Twin features an updated 1,084cc parallel-twin engine that’s good enough for 102bhp at 7,500rpm and 105Nm at 6,250rpm. This means, the updated motor is more powerful and torqueier than the previous unit. The latter delivers power worth 89bhp with 93.1Nm of torque.
– The bike can be had either with a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed dual-clutch transmission. It offers four riding modes (Off-road, Gravel, Urban and Tour) along with the two programmable modes.
– The2020 Honda Africa Twin sits on an updated frame that claimed to optimize its handling characteristics. Unlike the previous model, the aluminum rear subframe of the new Africa Twin can be detached. Read – Over 3 Lakh BS6 Honda Bikes, Scooters Sold in India
– The bike’s new-generation model is slightly lighter than the old one, thanks to its new swingram. It offers a fuel tank capacity of 24.2-litre.
– The cruise control is now standard across the model lineup. The new 6.5-inch TFT display supports Apple CarPlay.
– Features such as rear lift control, cornering ABS, a six-axis inertial measurement unit (IMU), DCT cornering detection, wheelie control and corerning lights enhance its capabilities. Read: 2020 Honda Shine 125 – More Mileage, More Features
– The 2020 Honda Africa Twin also gets a larger skid plate, tubeless wheels, an aluminium rear rack and a charging socket.