The 2020 BMW X1 facelift has finally been arrived in the Indian market. The SUV comes with noticeable design changes along with the BS6-compliant powertrains. The updated version has been offered in 6 variants spread across three trims – SportX, xLine and M Sport.
– Prices of the new X1 start from Rs 35.90 lakh and go up to Rs 42.90 lakh (ex-showroom, Pan India). It continues to take on the Audi Q3 facelift and new-generation Mercedes-Benz GLA that will see a release later this year.
– The front fascia of the 2020 BMW X1 facelift has witnessed significant changes. The SUV gets a larger and more prominent kidney grille with vertical slats and 3D effect. The newly-designed front bumper with black inserts and headlamps with new cluster and LED DRLs add more to its new look.
– Other highlights include black underbody cladding with faux silver skid plates, newly-designed alloy wheels and updated taillamps. Design bits such as all-black grille, body coloured cladding, side skirts and sportier bumper with different air intake are exclusively offered on the M Sport variant.
– Interior design and layout remains unchanged. Though, the 2020 BMW X1 facelift gets a 10.25-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay connectivity, a new panoramic sunroof and new upholstery along with the improved material quality.
– The updated SUV also comes with electrical seat adjustment for both driver and passenger. The driver seat has memory function as well. The Sport seats for driver and front passenger are reserved for the M Sport variant.
– As mentioned above, the 2020 BMW X1 facelift features BS6-compliant petrol and diesel engines. The 189bhp, 2.0L petrol engine are offered on the entry-level X1 sDrive20i SportX and the mid-level X1 sDrive20i xLine variant.
– The SUV also comes with a 189bhp, 2.0L diesel engine. All engines are paired by a Steptronic Sport automatic transmission along with 4 driving modes – ECO PRO, Comfort, Sport.
– The company is offering a 5 years/60,000km service and warranty package, which is best in the segment.