Tata Nexon Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza – Here’s a specifications-based comparison between these two vehicles.
All good things come is a small package! This sounds apt for Maruti’s sub four-meter SUV, Vitara Brezza that has put Maruti at the top of its game in the highly competitive segment. While Ford EcoSport is another strong player in the space, Tata Motors is on the brink of launching its new Nexon subcompact SUV sometime in August. Built on Tata Motors’ IMPACT design language, the company is pinning hopes on the new model. As it readies to enter the segment, to stack it up against Maruti Vitara Brezza in a spec based comparison. Check out Tata Nexon Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza price, specs, dimensions and features
|Tata Nexon||Rs. 6.5 lakh to Rs. 10.5 lakh (Expected)|
|Maruti Vitara Brezza||Rs. 7.23 lakh to Rs. 9.91 lakh|
– The upcoming subcompact SUV from Tata Motors is likely to start from Rs 6.50 lakh and go up to Rs 10.50 lakh for the fully-loaded top-spec variant in the range.
– One must note that Tata Nexon will be available in petrol and diesel fuel options.
– Currently one of the best-selling model in the sub four-meter SUV space, Maruti Vitara Brezza is available only in diesel version.
– The Maruti Vitara Brezza range starts from Rs 7,23, 962 and the range topping ZDi Plus Dual Tone trim is priced at Rs 9,91,067
|Specifications||Maruti Vitara Brezza||Tata Nexon|
|Engine||1.3L MJD Diesel||1.5L Diesel|
|Transmission||5-speed Manual||6-speed Manual|
– Tata Nexon carline will be launched with 1.2-litre turbo petrol and 1.5-litre oil burner with 6-speed manual and AMT options.
– On the other hand, Maruti Vitara Brezza is currently available only with the 1.3-litre MJD diesel unit with a conventional 5-speed manual gearbox.
– Maruti will however add a 1.0-litre Boosterjet petrol engine to the line-up during festive season. This engine is good for 100.5bhp of power and 150Nm of torque.
– The Nexon is also the most powerful compact SUV in its league. In fact, it is more powerful than the Ford EcoSport compact SUV, which is equipped with a 99bhp, 1.5-litre diesel engine. Read More – Tata Nexon Vs Ford EcoSport
|Name of the Car||Petrol Mileage||Diesel Mileage|
|Maruti Vitara Brezza||NA||24.3kmpl|
– Maruti Vitara Brezza, which is currently offered only with a diesel engine is claimed to return 24.3kmpl (ARAI figure).
– Tata Nexon line-up is estimated to deliver 18kmpl in petrol and 23kmpl in diesel version.
|Dimensions||Maruti Vitara Brezza||Tata Nexon|
– In terms of proportions, both have similar length, while Nexon is wider and Vitara Brezza is taller.
– As for the wheelbase, Maruti Vitara Brezza has 30mm longer wheelbase, which means slightly more room for occupants inside the cabin. Check Out Tata Nexon Exterior and Interior Pictures
|Key Features||Tata Nexon||Maruti Vitara Brezza|
|Rear AC Vents||Yes||No|
|Touchscreen Infotainment system||Yes||Yes|
|Height adj. driver seat||Yes||Yes|
|Steering mounted audio & calling controls||Yes||Yes|
|Apple CarPlay & Android Auto||Yes||Apple CarPlay & MirrorLink|
|Navigation system & Voice command||Yes||Yes|
|Rain sensing wipers||Not Known||Yes|
– Tata Nexon will pack in a 6.5-inch touchscreen system, climate control, rear aircon vents and voice command.
– It will also come with a drive mode controller, a segment first feature that allows choosing between three driving modes-Eco, City and Sport.
– The Maruti Vitara Brezza model series gets standard front power windows, driver side FR windows with auto down, power-operated wing mirrors, driver side footrest, front accessory socket and bottle holders (1L) on all doors. Read More – Tata Nexon Vs Honda WRV
– While features such as sliding front centre armrest with storage, shoulder height adjustable front seat belts, engine push start-stop, rain-sensing auto wipers, cruise control system and auto headlamp are restricted to the top-spec trim.
|Key Features||Tata Nexon||Maruti Vitara Brezza|
|ABS with EBD||Yes||Yes|
|Rear Parking Camera||Yes||Yes|
|Speed Sensing Auto Door lock||Not Known||No|
|Reverse parking sensor||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Day/Night IRVM||Not Known||No|
|All Disc brakes||Yes||No|
– The Nexon range will come with 9th generation ABS with EBD hill assist, rear view camera interface, ISOFIX rear outboard, corner stability etc.
– The Maruti Vitara Brezza range features standard driver side airbag, whereas the co-passenger side airbags, ABS & EBD are missing in the LDi and VDi grades.
– The reverse parking camera is offered only on the range topping ZD+ variant.
– One must note that Maruti Vitara Brezza is India’s first vehicle certified for offset (AIS 098 at 56km/h) and side impact crash. The vehicle was tested at MSI’s R&D facility in Rohtak.
The Nexon is based on the modified X1 platform that also underpins the Zest compact sedan. The mini SUV features company’s signature design language. It comes equipped with piano black grille, projector headlamps, LED DRLs and upright bonnet. The vehicle features coupe-like profile, 16-inch alloy wheels, integrated spoiler, LED tail lamps and body coloured bumper. Inside the cabin, the Nexon looks similar to other Tata cars. The vehicle will have a wide range of comfort and connectivity features. Features like steering wheel, dashboard, front and rear design have directly lifted from Bolt and the Zest. The SUV will also get a new generation Harman infotainment system with freestanding touchscreen display on the dashboard.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza is one of the best-looking compact SUVs in the market. The vehicle features upright hood, flared wheel arches, high shoulder line and high ground clearance. The Brezza design inspiration comes from Suzuki XA Alpha and iV-4 concepts, which were showcased at 2012 Auto Expo and 2014 Frankfurt show respectively. Upfront, the car gets a signature bull horn LED lights, projector headlamps, LED DRLs, retro-styled honeycomb airdam. Other design highlights include square wheel arches, sloping roof line, roof rails, 16-inch alloy wheels, wraparound tail-lamps, etc. The range-topping Brezza is equipped with automatic headlamps, rain sensing auto wipers, SmartPlay infotainment system with CarPlay, inbuilt navigation with Mapcare, push button start, front seat belt height adjuster, reverse parking camera, keyless entry, cruise control, multi-functional steering wheel, front fog lamps, automatic AC vents, etc.
With powerful engine, unique design and feature loaded cabin, the Tata Nexon could be a big threat to India's best-selling compact SUV - Maruti Vitara Brezza.