Here is a specifications, price and feature based comparison between new Honda Amaze & Maruti Dzire.
The new-generation Honda Amaze sub-4 meter sedan has officially been launched in the Indian car market at Rs 5.59 lakh. Based on all-new platform, the new Amaze is lighter, more fuel efficient and spacious than the previous model. With all-new design, better equipped cabin and highly-efficient engines, the new Amaze could become a real threat to current best-selling sub-4 meter sedan – Maruti Dzire. Here we bring you a spec based comparison between the new Honda Amaze and Maruti Dzire. Check out new Honda Amaze Vs Maruti Dzire price, specs, features and other details –
|New Honda Amaze||Rs 5.59 lakh||Rs 8.99 lakh|
|Maruti Dzire||Rs 5.57 lakh – Rs 7.96 lakh||Rs 7.44 lakh – Rs 9.43 lakh|
– New Maruti Dzire is available in both petrol and diesel engine options, and in both manual and automatic versions.
– While the petrol version of the car is priced between Rs 5.56 lakh and Rs 7.96 lakh, the diesel Dzire costs Rs 7.44 lakh for base model and Rs 9.43 lakh for the top-end model.
-The new Honda Amaze comes equipped with several high-end features like cruise control, CVT with paddle shifters, new DIGIPAD 2.0 touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, etc. With added features and improved quality, the new model is slightly expensive than the previous model.
– While the petrol trims have been priced between Rs 5.59 lakh and Rs 7.99 lakh, the diesel variants range from Rs 6.69 lakh to Rs 8.99 lakh (prices are ex-showroom, pan India). The top-spec Amaze prices are less compared to the top-spec Dzire prices.
|Specifications||New Honda Amaze||Maruti Dzire|
|Petrol Engine||1.2-litre i-VTEC||1.2-litre K-Series|
|Transmission||5-speed MT & CVT||5-speed MT & AMT|
|Diesel Engine||1.5-litre i-DTEC||1.3-litre MJD|
|Transmission||5-speed MT & CVT||5-speed MT & AMT|
– The new Amaze sedan is available with two engine options – 1.2-litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel.
– The petrol engine is capable of producing 89bhp of power at 6,000rpm and 115Nm of torque. For transmission duties, the sedan gets a 5-speed manual and a CVT automatic unit with paddle shifters.
– On the other hand, the diesel motor offers two states of tunes – 98.6bhp/200Nm for manual and 79bhp with 160Nm for automatic versions. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a CVT devoid of paddle shifters.
– Maruti Dzire is also available in both petrol and diesel fuel options and in both manual and automatic mode.
– The petrol version is powered by a 1.2-litre K-Series engine producing 82bhp at 6,000rpm and 113Nm at 4,200rpm. On the other hand, the diesel version gets a 1.3-litre MJD unit producing 74bhp and 190Nm of torque.
– While a 5-speed manual gearbox driving the power to the front wheels come as standard, a 5-speed AMT unit is available as optional.
|New Honda Amaze||27.4kmpl (MT) & 23.8kmpl (AT)||19kmpl (MT) & 19.5kmpl (CVT)|
– The new Amaze is based on all-new platform, which is lighter, stiffer and safer than the previous platform. The weight saving has helped the automaker to achieve better fuel efficiency. While the petrol manual and CVT versions deliver 19.5kmpl and 19kmpl respectively, the diesel manual offers 27.4kmpl and CVT version delivers 23.8kmpl.
– The Maruti Dzire is slightly more fuel efficient than the new Amaze compact sedan. While the petrol AGS model returns 22kmpl, the manual version is claimed to return 20kmpl. On the other hand, the diesel AGS and diesel manual versions return an ARAI certified fuel economy of 28.40kmpl. Read – New Honda Amaze Vs Old Amaze
– In terms of proportions, the new Amaze is 3,995mm long, 1,695mm wide and 1,500mm tall, and has a wheelbase of 2,740mm. It comes with a ground clearance of 165mm.
– On the other hand, the Dzire is 40mm wider and 15mm taller than the Amaze. However, the wheelbase of Amaze is 20mm more which translates into spacious cabin. The sedan has a ground clearance of 163mm.
– The new Amaze sub-4 meter sedan comes with a boot space of 420-litre, which is also the segment-best. On the other hand, the Dzire comes with a luggage carrying capacity of 378-litres. Read – New Maruti Dzire Vs Old Dzire – What’s The Difference
– The top-end variant of the new Dzire comes with LED projector headlamps with daytime running lights, rear combination LED lamp, high-mounted LED Stop lamp, and ORVMs with integrated blinkers.
– Inside the cabin, the Dzire sedan gets SmartPlay infotainment system with Navigation and Voice command, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support, steering mounted audio & calling controls, engine push start-stop button with smart key, auto headlamp, rear air-conditioning vents, remote keyless entry system, automatic climate control, electrically adjustable ORVMs, Height adjustable driver seat, etc.
– The new Amaze compact sedan misses out on projector headlamps, but it gets LED daytime running lights.
– In terms of features, the sedan gets 7.0-inch DIGIPAD 2.0 touchscreen infotainment system that is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. This system also gets built-in Mapmyindia navigation with live traffic support, HDMI input and Wi-Fi connectivity.
– Besides connectivity features, the new Amaze gets push start-stop button, keyless entry, multi-functional steering wheel, cruise control, automatic climate control, dual USB ports, paddle shifters, etc.