Despite the festive season, car sales in October 2017 witnessed a decline. While car manufacturers like Hyundai, Mahindra and Ford saw a fall, Maruti Suzuki managed to achieve 9.5% growth with a total sales of 135,128 units. The Indo-Japanese carmaker sold 1.36 lakh units in the domestic market. In October 2017, the company exported 10,446 units accounting 4.2% growth. In fact, six out of 10 best-selling cars of October 2017 are from the house of Maruti.
Here’s the list of top 10 selling cars of the October, 2017
|Maruti Suzuki Dzire||20610|
|Maruti Suzuki Alto||19947|
|Maruti Suzuki Baleno||14538|
|Hyundai Grand i10||14417|
|Maruti Suzuki Wagon R||13043|
|Maruti Suzuki Celerio||12209|
|Maruti Suzuki Swift||12057|
|Hyundai Elite i20||9484|
1. Maruti Suzuki continues to dominate the list of top 10 selling cars for the month with six models.
2. The new Dzire remains at the top position with a total sales of 20610 units, which is lower compared to the September 2017 (34,305 units).
4. The Hyundai Grand i10 grabbed fourth spot with 14417 units sales, recorded a month-on-month drop of 318 units.
5. The new-gen Honda Verna failed to enter the list of top 10 selling cars of the month. Though, it managed to outsell the new City and Ciaz for the second consecutive month. Currently, the new Verna is India’s top selling mid-size sedan.
6. Hyundai sold 9,484 units of the Elite i20. This shows that it continued to be the top choice among premium hatchback buyers. However, the hatchback saw a decline of 17.8% compared to the same month of last year.
7. Tata Tiago hatchback make a comeback in the chart. The company sold 6,990 units of the car, while its closest rival Renault Kwid registered 6990 units.