Maruti Suzuki has finally launched the new 2018 Ciaz facelift in the Indian market. The updated model comes equipped with several segment-leading features, a more powerful engine and new premium looks. With these updates, Maruti aims to further boost sales in the highly competitive market. So, what is new in the new Maruti Ciaz 2018? Let’s find out
New Maruti Ciaz Vs Old Ciaz – Price
|2018 Maruti Ciaz||Rs 8.19 lakh – Rs 10.97 lakh|
|Old Maruti Ciaz||Rs 8.04 lakh – Rs 11.86 lakh|
– The previous model was available in both petrol and diesel guise. The petrol version was priced between Rs 8.04 lakh and Rs 10.84 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
– On the flip side, the diesel version was available in the price range of Rs 9.71 lakh – Rs 11.86 lakh.
– The new Ciaz is available in four variants – Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. It is only available in petrol version only, priced between Rs 8.19 lakh and Rs 10.97 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
New Maruti Ciaz Images
New Maruti Ciaz Vs Old Ciaz – Specifications
|Specifications||2018 Maruti Ciaz||Old Maruti Ciaz|
|Petrol Engine||1.5L K15B||1.4L K14B|
|Diesel Engine||1.3L SHVS||1.3L SHVS|
|Transmission||5-speed MT||5-speed MT|
– The older Ciaz sedan was available in both petrol and diesel guise. The petrol version was equipped with a 1.4-litre K14B engine producing 91.4bhp and 130Nm of torque. Also See – New Maruti Ciaz Facelift – 5 Major Changes
– The diesel model was equipped with a 1.3-litre DDiS unit coupled to Suzuki’s mild-hybrid system – SHVS. This engine produces 88.5bhp of power and 200Nm of torque.
– The new Ciaz facelift is powered by an all-new 1.5-litre K-Series engine, which is coupled to the Suzuki’s new SHVS mild-hybrid technology.
– It is the only car in its league to offer mild-hybrid system. Though, Hyundai and Honda both plans to launch hybrid versions of Verna and City in their next-generation models respectively.
– The new engine is capable of producing 103bhp of power and 138Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 4-speed torque convertor.
– The diesel engine is the same 1.3-litre DDiS unit, which offers 89bhp of power and 200Nm of torque.
New Maruti Ciaz vs Old Ciaz – Mileage
– The previous Ciaz was already the most fuel efficient car in its league. Its diesel model with SHVS mild-hybrid system was claimed to offer an excellent fuel economy of 28.09kmpl.
– While the petrol manual was claimed to deliver 20.73kmpl, the automatic variant offered 19.12kmpl.
– Thanks to SHVS technology, the new Ciaz petrol version gets more fuel efficient.
– It is claimed to return an ARAI certified mileage of 21.56kmpl in manual mode and 20.28kmpl with automatic unit. Also See – New Maruti WagonR Launch Details
New Maruti Ciaz Vs Old Ciaz – Design & Interior
– The new Ciaz looks more premium and upmarket than the older Ciaz. It comes with all-new front design, featuring all-new front grille and revamped bumper.
– The sedan gets reworked headlight design with LED daytime running lights and new fog lamp housing.
– The side profile of the new Ciaz is largely identical to the previous model, except for the newly designed alloy wheels.
– At the back, the sedan gets slightly revised tail-light cluster and a sporty bumper.
– The cabin layout remains largely identical to the previous model, except for the new upholstery and added features.
– It gets new faux wood trim, which is lighter in shade. Additionally, the sedan gets adjustable headrests and a new instrument console with a colored MID.
– The Ciaz facelift also gets a revised SmartPlay touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support.
– It also comes equipped with several new features like cruise control, a speed alert system, electronic stability program and hill hold assist.