Here is a specifications and price based comparison between the new Mahindra Marazzo and Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
Maruti Suzuki has finally launched the new-generation Ertiga MPV in India. This model is longer, wider and taller than the previous model, which makes it a challenger to the Renault Lodgy and the recently launched Mahindra Marazzo. When it comes to the pricing, the Marazzo is slotted right between the Suzuki Ertiga and the Toyota Innova Crysta. The Marazzo is the only front-wheel-drive car based on ladder frame chassis. Here we bring you a spec based comparison between the new Mahindra Marazzo and the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga –
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Maruti Ertiga Price
|Mahindra Marazzo||NA||Rs 9.99 lakh – 13.90 lakh|
|Maruti Ertiga||Rs 7.44 lakh – Rs 9.95 lakh||Rs 8.84 lakh – Rs 10.90 lakh|
– The Mahindra Marazzo is being offered in 4 variants – M2, M4, M6 and M8 – priced between Rs 9.99 lakh and 13.90 lakh (ex-showroom, pan India).
– The middle M4 and M6 variants are priced at Rs 10.95 lakh and Rs 12.40 lakh, respectively.
– While the Marazzo is available in diesel version only, the Ertiga is offered in both petrol and diesel guise. The petrol version is priced in the range of Rs 7.44 lakh – Rs 9.95 lakh, while the oil burner is tagged at Rs 8.84 lakh for the base model and Rs 10.90 lakh for the top-end unit.
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Maruti Ertiga Specifications
– The new Marazzo also mark the debut of Mahindra’s all-new 1.5-litre diesel engine, which features lightweight cam cover, intake manifold and cylinder head.
– This engine churns out a maximum power output of 121.3bhp and a peak torque of 300Nm. Power is transmitted to the front wheels via a 6-speed manual gearbox.
– The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga comes with 2 engine options – 1.3-litre DDiS + SHVS and a 1.5-litre K15B petrol + SHVS.
– The diesel engine is paired to Suzuki’s smart hybrid technology – SHVS – and is capable of producing 89bhp of power and 200Nm of torque. Clearly, the Ertiga is around 32bhp less powerful than the Marazzo.
– On the flip side, the 1.5L petrol engine churns out 104bhp of power and 138Nm of torque.
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Maruti Ertiga Mileage
– The Marazzo is claimed to return an ARAI certified fuel economy of 17.6kmpl, which is pretty impressive.
– Thanks to lower capacity engines and Suzuki’s smart hybrid technology, the Ertiga returns segment leading fuel efficiency.
– The petrol version of the Ertiga is claimed to return an ARAI certified fuel economy of 19.34kmpl, while the diesel unit offers an impressive 25.47kmpl.
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Maruti Ertiga Dimensions
– Dimensionally, the Marazzo is 4,585mm in length, 1,866mm in width and 1,774mm in height. It comes with a wheelbase of 2,760mm, while the turning radius stands at 5.25mm.
– While the lower-spec M2, M4 and M6 variants ride on 16-inch wheels, the top-spec M8 variant gets 17-inch wheels.
– The Maruti Ertiga measures 4,395mm in length, 1,735mm in width and 1,690mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,740mm. It rides on 15-inch wheels. The MPV has a ground clearance of 180mm, while the boot space stands at 153-litres.
– Clearly Marazzo has an advantage over Ertiga when it comes to space inside the cabin. The former is 190mm longer, 131mm wider and 84mm taller than the Ertiga. Adding to it, the 20mm longer wheelbase contributes to a roomier cabin.
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Maruti Ertiga – Top Features
– The Mahindra Marazzo is one of the most feature loaded cars in its category. In fact, some of the features are industry first or segment-leading. The MPV is equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with in-built GPS navigation, Bluetooth, connectivity, 8 GB internal memory, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Mahindra’s EcoSense, voice recognition, etc.
– For passengers’ comfort and convenience, the MPV Has fully automatic front AC, rear AC, cruise control, adjustable & foldable wing mirrors, leatherette seats, height adjustable driver seat, remote keyless entry, entry assist lamps, LED headlamps, etc.
– Talking about Ertiga, the top-end model has manual AC with rear vents, 12V power outlets, tilt adjustable steering, keyless push button start, reverse camera, fabric seats, a 7-inch SmartPlay infotainment system with GPS navigation, USB, Bluetooth, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Maruti Ertiga