Here, we will discuss a few changes that distinguish the Glanza from the Baleno.
Toyota Glanza, the first product under Toyota-Maruti Suzuki partnership, has finally arrived in the market. Just so you know, the alliance was announced in 2017 and details of the vehicle was confirmed in early 2019. The Glanza is the rebadged Maruti Suzuki Baleno with minor cosmetic upgrades. With Glanza, the Japanese carmaker entered into the premium hatchback segment to challenge Hyundai i20 and Maruti Baleno. Here, we will discuss a few changes that distinguish the Toyota Glanza from the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
Toyota Glanza Vs Maruti Baleno – Price
|Toyota Glanza||Maruti Suzuki Baleno|
|G MT||Zeta SHVS – Rs 7.86 lakh|
|V MT||Alpha MT – Rs 7.58 lakh|
|V CVT||Alpha AT – Rs 8.29 lakh|
– The Glanza hatchback lineup is available in two higher trims (G- based on the Baleno Zeta and V- based on the Baleno Alpha) and four variants (G MT, VMT, G CVT and V CVT). The manual and automatic G variants are priced at Rs 7.21 lakh and Rs 8.29 lakh respectively. While the V MT comes with a price tag of Rs 7.58 lakh, the V CVT costs Rs 8.90 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom Delhi. Read: 5 Interesting Facts About Toyota Glanza
– Maruti Suzuki Baleno’s Zeta petrol variant, with Smart Hybrid technology, is available at Rs 7.86 lakh. The Alpha manual and automatic models (without Smart Hybrid system) are priced at Rs 7.58 lakh and Rs 8.29 lakh respectively.
– Save for Toyota Glanza’s entry-level G MT, all its variants are slightly more expensive than the Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
Toyota Glanza Vs Maruti Baleno – Design
– The overall design of the Glanza is exactly similar to the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. Though, it gets slightly revised front fascia including a new grille and Toyota’s badgeing.
– No changes have been made to its dimensions as well.
Toyota Glanza Vs Maruti Baleno – Features
– Interior of the Toyota Glanza is almost similar to the Baleno. Though, the carmaker has rebranded Maruti Suzuki’s SmartPlay infotainment system into ‘Smart Playcast’. This system comes with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity and voice command functionality.
– The Baleno’s ‘Suzuki Connect’ has vehicle telematics that provides real-time data like geo-fencing, vehicle tracking, fuel efficiency, trip details, driver behaviors analysis and live vehicle alerts. Toyota’s Connect application offers limited information including a 24X7 concierge service, navigation, a dealer locator and location-based roadside assistance. Read: Toyota and Suzuki Partnership Explained – 5 Car Launches
– The Glanza G and V trims are packed with all the comfort and safety features that are currently offered on the Baleno Zeta and Alpha variants respectively.
Toyota Glanza Vs Maruti Baleno – Warranty
– In order to attract buyers, Toyota is offering a 3 year and 1 lakh kilometer standard warranty with the Glanza.
– The Baleno, on the other hand, comes with a standard 2 year and 40,000km warranty.