With an aim to further improve the sales of the popular Ciaz, Maruti Suzuki has introduced a mild hybrid version of the sedan – the Ciaz SHVS Hybrid – in the country. The Maruti Ciaz SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) is the company’s first hybrid car that replaces the regular diesel models. Available in […]
With an aim to further improve the sales of the popular Ciaz, Maruti Suzuki has introduced a mild hybrid version of the sedan – the Ciaz SHVS Hybrid – in the country. The Maruti Ciaz SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) is the company’s first hybrid car that replaces the regular diesel models. Available in 5 trim levels, the Maruti Ciaz SHVS Hybrid is claimed to be India’s most fuel efficient car that returns 28.09kmpl.
So if you are planning to buy the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz SHVS Hybrid, here are 6 things you should know about it:
1. The new hybrid variant with mild-hybrid SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) technology is more fuel efficient and environment friendly than the old diesel models. It is claimed to return a class-leading mileage of 28.09kmpl that makes it the most fuel efficient car in the country. Whereas, the old diesel model offers an ARAI-certified fuel efficiency of 26.21kmpl. This technology also reduces the harmful carbon emissions of the engine.
2. The Ciaz SHVS Hybrid comes equipped with Smart features such as Idle Engine Start/Stop System, Brake Energy Regeneration, Gearshift Indicator and Power Assist that aid to its fuel efficiency and performance.
3. The mild-hybrid technology that comprises of an integrated starter generator (ISG) and a large capacity battery, provides torque assistance to the engine for improving acceleration, and producing electricity from wheels’ kinetic energy that is lost during braking. Moreover, the ISG with automatic start/stop technology stops the engine during traffic signals, and starts when the clutch is released. This ensures less fuel consumption in peak traffic.
4. The new Ciaz SHVS Hybrid isn’t only the most frugal car, it’s safer too. Features like dual airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS) and electronic brake-force distribution (EBD) are offered as standard features across all Ciaz SHVS hybrid variants.
5. The new mild hybrid variant is powered by a 1.3-litre DDiS 200 diesel engine that churns out a maximum power of 88.5bhp and 200Nm of torque. This engine is paired to a 5-speed manual transmission that helps the car achieve 0-100kmph in 13.2 seconds.
6. The Ciaz SHVS Hybrid is cheaper than the old diesel models. It costs Rs. 8.2 lakh for the base variant and Rs. 10.17 lakh for the top-end model, whereas the old diesel version was priced between Rs. 8.9 lakh – Rs. 10.3 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.