Ford’s first-ever compact sedan – the Figo Aspire – has been launched in India on August, 12, 2015. And seeing the growing interest for the Ford Figo Aspire in the Indian market, we have compiled a list of most frequently asked questions about the car. For more queries, you can leave your comment below.
1. What is the Ground Clearance of Ford Figo Aspire?
Ans: The all-new compact sedan has a ground clearance of 174mm, which is more than sufficient to tackle Indian road conditions.
2. Which engine oil is best for the Ford Figo Aspire?
Ans: The Figo Aspire is available in three engine options- a 1.2-litre Ti-VCT, a1.5-litre Ti-VCT petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. The recommended engine oil for motors is HELIX ULTRA 5W-30 synthetic grade oil.
3. Tell me the suitable tyre pressure for the Ford Figo Aspire?
Ans: The sub-4 meter sedan rides on 14-inch wheels shod with 175/65 R14 tyres. The recommended tyre pressure is 30-35PSI. For better fuel economy the tyre pressure for the car is 35PSI, while for smoother and comfortable journey we suggest 30PSI.
4. Is Ford Figo Aspire compact sedan available through CSD (Canteen Stores Department) Canteen? What is the CSD price of Aspire?
Ans: No, the sub-4 meter sedan is not available at CSD canteen.
5. What is the top speed and pick-up (acceleration) of Ford Figo Aspire?
Ans: The Figo Aspire comes in three engine options – a 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol, a 1.5-litre Ti-VCT petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine. While the petrol versions hit a top speed of about 140-150kmph, the diesel-powered variant attains a top speed of about 160-165kmph. The Figo Aspire petrol accelerates to 100kmph from zero in about 10-11 seconds, while the diesel model takes less than 12 second to cross 0-100kmph.
6. What is the Ford Figo Aspire’s fuel tank capacity?
Ans: The fuel tank capacity of the compact sedan is 40-litres (for diesel version) – 42-litres (for petrol version).
7. What is the boot space (luggage carrying capacity) of the Ford Figo Aspire sedan?
Ans: The small sedan offers a luggage space of about 350-litres, which is more than sufficient to accommodate a couple of suitcases and daily luggage bags.
8. What is the warranty period/time with Ford Figo Aspire?
Ans: Ford India offers a warranty of 2 years or 100,000kms (whichever comes earlier) on the compact sedan. The company also provides an extended warranty of 1 year on its entire product lineup.
9. Tell me about Ford Figo Aspire’s music system?
Ans: The compact sedan features infotainment system that comprises of a 4.2-inch MFD display, CD/MP3 player, FM/Radio, Bluetooth, AUX-in and USB. It also supports Ford’s SYNC with voice control.
10. Is Ford Figo Aspire available with leather seat covers?
Ans: Yes, the top-end Titanium+ variant is available with leather seat covers. The entry and mid-level variants gets fabric upholstery.
11. What is the tyre size of Ford Figo Aspire compact sedan?
Ans: The compact sedan rides on 14-inches, 7-spoke alloy wheels that are covered with 175/65 R14 tyres.
12. What is the power & torque of Ford Figo Aspire?
Ans: The compact sedan is available in three engine options- a 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol, a 1.5-litre Ti-VCT petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel. While the 1.5-litre diesel engine is good for 99bhp and 215Nm of torque, the 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre petrol units produce 88bhp with 112Nm and 110.4bhp with 136Nm respectively.
13. How much is the Ford Figo Aspire service & maintenance Cost?
Ans: The compact sedan offers low cost of ownership, since it has been developed using child parts. Moreover, Ford dealerships offer enhanced after-sales experience with ‘Happy Pockets’, which ensures low cost of ownership with fixed service offerings at lower prices. Customers will also be benefitted with various company’s initiatives like pan-India Roadside Assistance, 90-minute Quick Service Bays, Mobile Service Vans, Quick Lane and Vehicle report card.
14. What is Ford Figo Aspire’s waiting period?
Ans: The all-new Figo Aspire is produced at the company’s newly developed manufacturing unit in Sanand, Gujarat. The separate facility ensures that compact sedan has short waiting period of about 1-2 weeks.
15. What all safety features are offered in the Ford Figo Aspire?
Ans: The compact sedan is equipped with various segment first active and passive safety features, which makes it one of the safest cars in its league. It is equipped with six-airbags (driver and co-passenger, side and curtain airbags), ESP (Electronic Stability Program), Hill Launch Assist, ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic BrakeForce Distribution), central locking, reverse parking sensors, etc.
16. Does Ford Figo Aspire have ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and Airbags?
Ans: Yes, the small sedan is equipped with ABS and airbags. The top-end model (Titanium+) features six airbags (driver & co-driver, side and curtain airbags), which is a segment first.
17. Is LPG/CNG versions of the Ford Figo Aspire available in India?
Ans: No, the compact sedan is not available in LPG or CNG fuel options. The vehicle is offered in petrol and diesel guise.
18. What is Ford Figo Aspire’s real mileage in city and on highways?
Ans: The compact sedan is available in three engine options- a 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol, a 1.5-litre Ti-VCT petrol and 1.5-litre diesel.
Real Mileage –
1.2L TiVCT petrol (MT) – 18.16kmpl
1.5L TiVCT petrol (AT) – 17kmpl
1.5L TDCi diesel (MT) – 25.83kmpl
19. Does Ford Figo Aspire have an Automatic model?
Ans: Yes, the Aspire is available in automatic version. It is the first car to feature a 6-speed ‘Powershift’ DCT (Dual-Clutch Transmission) in its league. Though, the automatic transmission is offered only on the top-end petrol variants.
20. What all gearbox options available in Ford Figo Aspire?
Ans: The compact sedan is available in both manual and automatic versions. The 1.2-lire TiVCT petrol and 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engines are mated with a five-speed manual gearbox, while the 6-speed dual clutch automatic transmission is available only on the top-end petrol version.
21. Tell me about Ford Figo Aspire total seats?
Ans: This compact sedan is spacious enough to accommodate five adults comfortably in 2+3 layout.
24. Is Ford Figo Aspire available with automatic air conditioning?
Ans: Yes, the compact sedan is equipped with automatic air conditioning. The top-end model gets an automatic AC system, while the manual AC unit comes as a standard feature.
25. Is Ford Figo Aspire offered with alloy wheels?
Ans: Yes, the compact sedan is available with 14-inches, 7-spoke alloy wheels.
26. Tell me about Ford Figo Aspire’s parking sensors and camera?
Ans: Yes, the Aspire is offered with optional rear parking sensors.