The long wait for the Yamaha Fazer 25 is finally over, as the Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer has finally rolled out the fully faired bike in the Indian market.
1. Available in one variant – This new Yamaha bike is made available in a single variant (without ABS) priced at Rs 1.28 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai). At this price, the Fazer 25 will be squarely positioned against the Bajaj Pulsar RS200, Honda CBR 250R and KTM Duke 200 .
2. Cheaper By Rs Than KTM RC200 – The new Fazer 25 is a more affordable deal than its closest rival – KTM RC200. While the RC200 comes with a price tag of 1.73 lakh, the Yamaha bike is priced at Rs 1.28 lakh (ex, Mumbai). That means, the Fazer 25 is around Rs 45,000 cheaper than its competitor.
3. Shares Engine With the FZ25 – At the heart of the new Fazer 25 is a 249cc, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine boosted with fuel injected system. It’s the same unit used in the naked FZ25. Though, Yamaha has tuned it for achieving better performance and improve its touring capabilities. This powertrain comes paired to a 5-speed gearbox, and delivers a maximum power of 20.6bhp at 8,000rpm and 20Nm at 6,000rpm. The new Yamaha bike can deliver a top speed of 140-148kmph, and a mileage around 30-35kmpl. Read About – Yamaha T7 Concept Based Adventure Bike
4. Fully Faired Version of FZ25 – The all-new Fazer 25 is the faired version of the FZ25 street-fighter, which was launched early this year. Wearing upfront fairing and new body graphics, the bike looks completely different from its naked sibling. Though, some of its styling elements have been carried over from FZ25 and other FZ models including LED headlamp, front mirrors, wheels and rear tyres, handlebars, fuel tank, exhaust and tail section. Read Comparison – Yamaha Fazer 25 Vs Bajaj Pulsar RS 200
5. Everything Else – Built on the diamond-frame chassis, the all-new Fazer 25 weighs 4 to 5kgs heavier than its naked sibling – thanks to its large fairing. Suspension system of the bike includes 41mm telescopic forks and monoshock absorbers at the front and rear axles respectively. Stopping power for the bike comes from 282mm disc front and 200mm disc rear brakes. Yamaha is also offering an optional ABS (anti-lock braking system) on the bike.
New Fazer 25 Picture Gallery