Sporting additional elements, Kwid Climber is essentially a heavily accessorized version of the standard 1.0-litre RX (O) variant.
Riding high on the success of its game changing model Kwid, Renault is determined to bring more derivatives of the hatchback in future. The company recently launched special edition Climber at an introductory price of Rs 4.30 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Sporting additional elements, Kwid Climber is essentially a heavily accessorized version of the standard 1.0-litre RX (O) variant. With new highlights on the outside and the inside, it looks more appealing, though some elements from the concept model have been left out. To give a clear insight of what’s new on the Climber edition and how different it is from the regular model, here are some nuggets of information:
To make it appear sportier and aggressive, Renault has added new elements to the exterior, but it remains largely unchanged with similar silhouette and proportions
– The ground clearance has been raised and it gets distinct tyres, wide tracks and short overhangs.
– The alloy wheels on the Climber edition is a new addition that is missing on remaining variants in the carline.
– The front faux silver skid plate with orange inserts adds to its ruggedness. The fog lamps with slightly tweaked styling and plastic inserts further bolster the beefy look.
– On the side, it gets orange finished ORVMs, front fender mounted turn signals and roof rails.
– Akin to the front profile, the rear end also gets faux skid plate with orange splashes on the bumper.
– To distinct it from the regular model, Renault has added Climber lettering on front doors and rear windscreen.
– The sportier Climber edition is available in three colour options including electric blue, outback bronze and planet grey shades.
The use of orange inserts has been extended to the interior in line with the funky exterior.
– Orange bits around dashboard, fabric inserts, door trims, centre console and side air-vents infuse sporty flair inside.
– The steering wheel comes with a partial cover featuring orange bits and stitching.
– The doors and gear-lever also come with orange plastic inserts.
– Seats are wrapped with new fabric and backrest also gets orange inserts. Additionally, the floor mats come with orange lining.
– It gets Climber lettering on the front seat headrests, lower spoke on the steering wheel and boot carpet.
– Based on the 1.0-litre RX (O) variant, it carries over all the equipment from the regular trim.
– It gets multiple storage points inside the cabin.
– The hatchback offers 300-litres of boot space to store luggage.
Based on the 1.0-litre Rx(O) variant, the Climber edition derives power from the same engine.
– Power is sourced from a 1.0-litre, three cylinder petrol engine.
– The engine is offered with a five-speed manual transmission and an AMT unit.
– The 999cc engine puts out maximum power of 67bhp and 91Nm of peak torque.
– Fuel economy delivered by the manual variant is around 23.01kmpl opposed to the AMT variant’s claimed efficiency of 24.04kmpl.
With the above mentioned changes, the Renault Kwid Climber edition is available at an additional cost of Rs 25,000. The prices mentioned here are from ex-showroom Delhi which are bound to increase after adding registration charges and car insurance cost. Additionally, you can get accidental insurance for yourself and your family members. Usually, car insurance is bought from dealers at the time of purchase, but you can buy it online for hassle-free online enrolment.
*This article is an advertorial