Here, we have listed all the differences between the new and old model of the hatchback.
The third-generation Maruti Suzuki WagonR has finally arrived in the Indian market. The hatchback is available with two petrol engines and three trims which are priced between Rs 4.19 lakh – Rs 5.69 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The new Maruti WagonR 2019 has witnessed significant changes inside and out. The new Maruti WagonR 2019 also receive noticeable dimensional and mechanical upgrades along with a new platform. That means, the new model is quite different, more premium and practical than the old one. Here, we have listed all the differences between the new and old model of the hatchback. (New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR )
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Price
|New Maruti WagonR 2019||Rs 4.19 lakh – Rs 5.69 lakh|
|Old WagonR||Rs 4.18 lakh – Rs 5.39 lakh|
– While the previous generation WagonR was available in four trim levels – LXi, VXi, VXi (O) and VXi+, the new Maruti WagonR 2019 carline is spread across three trims – LXi, VXi and new ZXi.
– The hatchback’s old model was priced in range of Rs 4.18 lakh – Rs 5.39 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
– The next-generation model that saw comprehensive design and feature upgrades along with better cabin space and features, is around Rs 53,000 more expensive than the old one.
– Prices of the new Maruti WagonR start from Rs 4.19 lakh for the entry-level variant and go up to Rs 5.69 lakh for the top-spec trim.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Specifications
|Specifications||New Maruti WagonR 2019||Old WagonR|
|Transmission||5-speed MT & AMT||5-speed MT & AMT|
– The old version of the hatchback was available with two fuel options – petrol and CNG.
– The new Maruti WagonR 2019 has been offered with two petrol powertains – a 1.0L and a 1.2L, four-cylinder unit. While the former is carried over from the old model, the latter is sourced from the Swift.
– The 1.0L K10B motor pushes out a maximum power of 67bhp at 6000rpm and 90Nm at 3500rpm.
– The more powerful gasoline motor makes a top power of 89bhp and 113Nm of torque.
– Transmission choices include a 5-speed manual and an AMT unit.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Mileage
|Engine||New Maruti WagonR 2019||Old WagonR|
|1.0L Petrol||Around 22kmpl||20.51kmpl|
– As mentioned above, the new Maruti WagonR 2019 shares its 1.0L petrol powertrain with the old model. It delivers fuel economy of 20.51kmpl.
– The Swift’s 1.2L petrol motor, on the other hand, returns a claimed mileage of 21.5kmpl.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Dimensions
|Dimensions||New Maruti WagonR 2019||Old WagonR|
|Ground Clearance||Around 170mm||165mm|
– The hatchback’s previous generation model was 3636mm long, 1475mm wide and 1670mm tall with a wheelbase of 2400mm.
– It has a ground clearance of 165mm, and offers a boot space of 180-liters.
– Compared to the old model, the new Maruti WagonR 2019 is around 60mm longer, 145mm wider and 25mm taller. Its wheelbase and ground clearance has also been increased by 35mm and 5mm.
– The overall length, width and height of the next-generation version stood at 3655mm, 1620mm and 1675mm respectively.
– It has a wheelbase of 2435mm and a ground clearance around 170mm.
– In fact, the hatchback gets 165/70 size of tyres instead of 155/65.
– The 2019 Maruti WagonR is 65kg lighter (805-845kgs) than the outgoing model that weighs 870-965kgs.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Features
– In terms of features, the new Maruti WagonR 2019 is surely more upmarket than the old model.
– The higher trims gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, all four power windows and multiple airbags.
– Features such as steering mounted controls, sportier and large analog speedometer and manual AC vents are also on offer.
– The 2019 Maruti WagonR gets dual airbags and ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, front seat belts reminder and speed alert system as standard safety features.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Design
– While the signature tall boy stance has been retained, the Maruti WagonR 2019 features an all-new front fascia.
– It gets a new grille, re-designed bumper, sweptback headlamps and a slightly longer bonnet.
– Design bits such as LED DRLs (daytime running lights) and ORVMs with turn indicators are reserved for the top-spec trim.
– The hatchback’s side profile looks refreshing with larger wheels, pronounced fenders and bold character lines.
– It also receives a new flat rear bumper and new horizontal taillamp assembly.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR
- Overall Rating