Here, we have listed all the differences between the new and old model of the hatchback.
Maruti Suzuki India is set to give a generation change to its highly popular hatchback – WaognR. The next-generation model, which is slated to go on sale on 23rd January, will witness significant changes inside and out. The new Maruti WagonR 2019 will also receive noticeable dimensional and mechanical upgrades. That means, the new model will be quite different, more premium and practical than the current one. Here, we have listed all the differences between the new and old model of the hatchback. (New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR )
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Price
|New Maruti WagonR 2019||Rs 4.50 lakh – Rs 6 lakh (Expected)|
|Old WagonR||Rs 4.18 lakh – Rs 5.39 lakh|
– While the current generation comes in four trim levels – LXi, VXi, VXi (O) and VXi+, the new Maruti WagonR 2019 carline will be spread across three trims – L, V and new Z.
– The hatchback is, currently available in the price range of Rs 4.18 lakh – Rs 5.39 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
– The next-generation model that will see comprehensive design and feature upgrades along with better cabin space and features, will surely be slightly more expensive than the existing model.
– Prices of the new Maruti WagonR are estimated to be around Rs 4.50 lakh for the entry-level variant and Rs 6.00 lakh for the top-spec trim.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Specifications
|Specifications||New Maruti WagonR 2019||Old WagonR|
|Transmission||5-speed MT & AMT||5-speed MT & AMT|
– The existing version of the hatchback is available with two fuel options – petrol and CNG.
– The petrol variants make use of a 1.0L K10B motor churning out a maximum power of 67bhp at 6000rpm and 90Nm at 3500rpm.
– The CNG model, on the other hand, gets a CNG kit with 1.0L petrol unit producing power worth 58.16bhp at 6200rpm and 77Nm at 3500rpm.
– Reports suggest that the new Maruti WagonR 2019 will be offered with two petrol powertains – a 1.0L and a 1.2L, four-cylinder unit. While the former will be carried over from the current model, the latter will be sourced from the Swift.
– The more powerful gasoline motor makes a top power of 89bhp and 113Nm of torque.
– For the first time, the WagonR will be offered with LPG fuel option.
– The CNG version, though, is reported to be launched at a later stage.
– Transmission choices will include a 5-speed manual and an AMT unit.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Mileage
|Engine||New Maruti WagonR 2019||Old WagonR|
|1.0L Petrol||Around 22kmpl||20.51kmpl|
– As mentioned above, the new Maruti WagonR 2019 will share its petrol powertrain with the current model – a 1.0L motor.
– While the existing one delivers fuel economy of 20.51kmpl, the new-generation model might get its slightly calibrated version offering mileage around 22kmpl.
– The Swift’s 1.2L petrol motor, on the other hand, will return a claimed mileage of 22.0kmpl.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Dimensions
|Dimensions||New Maruti WagonR 2019||Old WagonR|
|Ground Clearance||Around 170mm||165mm|
– The hatchback’s current generation model measures 3636mm in length, 1475mm in width and 1670mm in height with a wheelbase of 2400mm.
– It has a ground clearance of 165mm, and offers a boot space of 180-liters.
– Compared to the existing model, the new Maruti WagonR 2019 will be around 19mm longer, 145mm wider and 5mm taller. Its wheelbase and ground clearance will also be increased by 35mm and 5mm.
– The overall length, width and height of the next-generation version stood at 3655mm, 1620mm and 1675mm respectively.
– It has a wheelbase of 2435mm and a ground clearance around 170mm.
– In fact, the hatchback gets 165/70 size of tyres instead of 155/65.
– The 2019 Maruti WagonR is 65kg lighter (805-845kgs) than the outgoing model that weighs 870-965kgs.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Features
– In terms of features, the new Maruti WagonR 2019 will surely be more upmarket than the outgoing model.
– The higher trims will get a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, all four power windows and multiple airbags.
– Features such as steering mounted controls, sportier and large analog speedometer and manual AC vents will also be on offer.
– The 2019 Maruti WagonR will get dual airbags and ABS with EBD as standard safety features.
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR – Design
– While the signature tall boy stance will be retained, the Maruti WagonR 2019 will feature an all-new front fascia.
– It will get a new grille, re-designed bumper, sweptback headlamps and a slightly longer bonnet.
– Design bits such as LED DRLs (daytime running lights) and ORVMs with turn indicators will be reserved for the top-spec trim.
– The hatchback’s side profile looks refreshing with larger wheels, pronounced fenders and bold character lines.
– It will also receive a new flat rear bumper and new horizontal taillamp assembly.
Leaked Brochure Picture’s Source
New Maruti WagonR 2019 Vs Old WagonR
- Overall Rating