In the entry-level small car space, the new Hyundai Santo 2018 will take directly on the Renault Kwid.
Hyundai has finally revived its iconic Santro brand in India with the unveiling of its new-generation model. Scheduled to launch on 23rd October, the new Hyundai Santro 2018 witnessed comprehensive changes inside and out. Besides this, the hatchback receives a new petrol powertrain with Hyundai’s in-house developed AMT gearbox (Smart Auto Technology). In the entry-level small car space, the new Hyundai Santo 2018 will take directly on the Renault Kwid. Let’s see how they stack against each other (New Hyundai Santro 2018 Vs Renault Kwid).
New Hyundai Santro 2018 Vs Renault Kwid Price
|2018 Hyundai Santro||Rs 3.7 lakh – Rs 6 lakh|
|Renault Kwid||Rs 2.66 lakh – Rs 4.63 lakh|
– Currently, the Renault Kwid is one of the most affordable cars in its category. While the entry-level STD 0.8 variant of the hatchback is available at Rs 2.66 lakh, the top-spec RXT 1.0 AMT costs Rs 4.33 lakh.
– The Kwid Climber and Climber AMT models are priced at Rs 4.33 lakh and Rs 4.63 lakh respectively. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
– Official prices of the 2018 Hyundai Santro are yet to be announced by the carmaker. Though, it is estimated that the base version of the vehicle could be priced as low as Rs 3.7 lakh and the range-topping model will cost around Rs 6 lakh.
– That means, the new Santro will be priced slightly premium than the Kwid. Read: 2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Maruti WagonR
New Hyundai Santro 2018 Vs Renault Kwid Specifications
|Specifications||2018 Hyundai Santro||Renault Kwid|
|Transmission||5-speed MT, AMT||5-speed MT, AMT|
– The Renault Kwid comes with two petrol powertrian options – a 800cc, 3-cylinder and a more powerful 1.0L motor. While the former generates 53bhp with 72Nm of torque, the latter delivers 67bhp with 91Nm of torque.
– Both the engines are paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. The AMT gearbox (Easy-R) is exclusively offered on the 1.0L variants.
– The 2018 Hyundai Santro makes use of a 1.1L, four-cylinder petrol motor that’s good enough for 68bhp and 99Nm of torque.
– The hatchback is also available with a factory fitted CNG kit delivering a peak power of 59bhp and 84Nm of torque.
– Transmission choices include a 5-speed manual and Hyundai’s in-house developed AMT (Smart Auto) unit.
– Both the hatchbacks are available with manual and AMT gearbox options. In fact, the power and torque figures are also more or less same. Read: New Hyundai Santro – Top 5 Features
New Hyundai Santro 2018 Vs Renault Kwid Mileage
|2018 Hyundai Santro||21.7 – 25.17|
– Packed with a 800cc petrol engine, Renault’s small car delivers a claimed mileage of 25.17kmpl. While the 1.0L petrol motor offers fuel economy of 21.7kkmpl, the Climber 1.0L AMT promises 22.5kmpl.
– Hyundai claims that the 2018 Santro is capable to return fuel efficiency of 20.3kmpl.
– On the fuel efficiency ground, the Renault Kwid takes a lead over the 2018 Hyundai Santro. The former is slightly more fuel economical small city car than the latter. Read: New Hyundai Santro – A Bigger Threat To Renault Kwid Than Tata Tiago
New Hyundai Santro 2018 Vs Renault Kwid Dimensions
|Dimensions||2018 Hyundai Santro||Renault Kwid|
– The overall length, width and height of the Renault Kwid stand at 3679mm, 1579mm and 1513mm respectively.
– The hatch has a ground clearance of 180mm and sits on 2422mm of wheelbase. It offers a cargo space of 300-litre.
– The 2018 Hyundai Santro is 3610mm long, which is 69mm less than the Kwid.
– Hyundai says that the wheelbase of the vehicle has been increased by 45mm. So, it is likely to be longer than the Kwid.
– Official details will be revealed near its launch.
New Hyundai Santro 2018 Vs Renault Kwid Features
– Renault’s hatchback comes with a host of comfort features including a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, dual-tone dashboard, Champion Red upholstery, electric power steering, rear parcel tray, upper glove box and cabin lighting with timer and fade out.
– Recently, the carmaker also added a new chrome festooned gear knob, a rear 12V socket, updated power windows and a rear arm rest to the carline. Though, the aforementioned features vary model wise.
– On the exterior, the hatchback features a chrome front grille, electric ORVMs and LED DRLs (daytime running lights).
– Hyundai has equipped the new Santro will several segment-first features including a rear AC vents and a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink connectivity and voice recognition function.
– The hatchback also claimed to have the best-in-class AC unit along with Hyundai’s ‘Eco Coating Technology’.
– While the official feature list is yet to be revealed by the carmaker, the 2018 Hyundai Santro is likely to get a twin-pod instrument console, a three-spoke steering wheel with mounted audio controls, adjustable headrests and electrically adjustable ORVMs.
– While the Kwid has crossover-ish and sporty stance, the new Santro continues to feature the tallboy stance.
New Hyundai Santro 2018 Vs Renault Kwid Safety Features
– Aiming to enhance the safety quotient of the Renault Kwid, the French carmaker has updated the rear seat belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters and introduced a reverse parking camera on the RXT (O) variant.
– The driver airbag and remote keyless entry with central locking are also reserved for the top-spec model.
– The central locking is now standard across the carline.
– The South Korean carmaker has confirmed that the new 2018 Hyundai Santro gets driver-side airbag and anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake-force distribution (EBD) as standard safety fitments.
– The hatchback might also get rear parking sensors and rear parking camera.
Latest Video – New Hyundai Verna Vs New Maruti Ciaz