Maruti Suzuki India (MSI) has finally introduced the XL6 premium MPV in the country. The Maruti Suzuki XL6 is based on the next-generation Ertiga, but carries some sporty design bits and features that distinguish it from its donor sibling. Read on to know how different the Maruti XL6 is from the Maruti Ertiga.
Maruti XL6 Vs Maruti Ertiga – Price
– Currently, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga (petrol) comes in the price range of Rs 7.54 lakh – Rs 9.60 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
– The Maruti XL6 is based on the mid-level and top-spec variants of the regular Ertiga MPV – Zeta and Alpha. The premium MPV is available in a total of 4 variants – Zeta MT, Zeta AT, Alpha MT and Alpha AT. Read – 6 Expected Changes Of Maruti Suzuki S-Presso
– Featuring sportier design and more features, the Maruti XL6 has been priced slightly premium than its donor sibling. Its prices start from Rs 9.79 lakh and go up to Rs 11.46 lakh.
– While the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is sold via the regular Arena dealership, the Maruti Suzuki XL6 is being retailed exclusively via Nexa dealerships.
Maruti XL6 Vs Maruti Ertiga – Specifications
– The new Maruti XL6 has been offered with petrol powertrain only. The MPV shares the BS6-ready, 1.5L K15B petrol SHVS engine with the Ertiga that’s good for 103bhp and 138Nm.
– For performing transmission duties, the MPV gets a 6-speed manual and a 4-speed automatic gearbox. Read – Maruti Suzuki To Launch 6 Utility Vehicles In India
– The regular Ertiga also comes with 1.5L, 4-cylinder DDiS diesel and 1.3L MJD diesel engines pushing out a maximum power of 94bhp with 225Nm and 89bhp with 200Nm respectively.
Maruti XL6 Vs Maruti Ertiga – Dimensions
– In terms of proportions, the Maruti XL6 is 50mm longer, 40mm wider and 10mm taller than the Ertiga. However, the wheelbase remains unchanged – i.e. 2740mm.
– While the XL6 measures 4445mm in length, 1775mm in width and 1700mm in height, the regular Ertiga is 4395mm long, 1735mm wide and 1690mm tall.
– The Maruti XL6 offers a luggage space of 209-litres with all 3 rows up and 692-litres with 2nd and 3rd row folded.
Maruti XL6 Vs Maruti Ertiga – Design
– Exterior styling of the new Maruti XL6 is slightly different than the Ertiga.
– The new 6-seater MPV features a new front grille and full LED headlamps instead of the regular halogen unit. Read – Maruti Suzuki Baleno To Get Full Hybrid Engine
– The pronounced wheel arches with plastic cladding and running board add more to its sporty looks.
– Other design highlights include all black alloy wheels, roof rails, LED taillamps with LED light guide.
Maruti XL6 Vs Maruti Ertiga – Features
– While Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is a 7-seater MPV with 2+3+2 configuration, the XL6 will come with 6-seats layout.
– The Ertiga’s middle row has been replaced with the pilot seats. Read – Maruti Suzuki WagonR Electric Launch Details Revealed
– Furthermore, the Maruti XL6 gets all black interior with leather-wrapped seats instead fabric upholstery. It also gets a 17.8cm SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. Though, it’s reserved for the automatic variants.
– The premium MPV also comes with leather wrapped flat bottom steering wheel with easy access controls and cruise control, rear AC vents, ventilated cup holders, overhead console, etc.
– On the safety front, the Maruti XL6 offers dual airbags, ABS with EBD, front seat belts with pre-tensioners and force limiters, high speed warning alert, ISOFIX child seat anchorages, reverse parking sensors as standard fitments. The electronic stability program with hill hold function has been reserved for the automatic variants.