Maruti Suzuki India has introduced ECSTAR, Suzuki’s global brand of lubricants, coolant and car care products in India. Initially, the Company will offer ECSTAR to its customers at the newly launched NEXA Service workshops. Progressively, the ECSTAR product range will be offered at the Company’s full service network of over 3,000 workshops across the country.
ECSTAR, the brand of high-performance engine oil and coolant and chemical products, was launched by Maruti Suzuki’s parent Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan in 1984. In 2015, SMC promoted ECSTAR as a global brand of high quality products. At present, the ECSTAR brand is widely marketed across Europe, America, Mexico, Australia and South East Asia. Read – Maruti Suzuki ARENA Dealership Range Introduced
Introducing ECSTAR range of products to customers, Managing Director and CEO of Maruti Suzuki, Mr. Kenichi Ayukawa said, “On our journey of transformation we have been bringing a range of new models and technologies. To ensure optimum performance of these new technologies we are now bringing a range of Suzuki global engine oils and lubricants. These products have undergone rigorous testing under extreme conditions. They offer great peace of mind to customers.” Read – Maruti Suzuki Becomes India’s Largest UV Maker In Q1 FY18
– Initiatives like ECSTAR will help the Company keep pace with the evolving engine technology as well as environment care.
– ECSTAR engine oil has the optimal formulation for lubrication and a cooling effect, to ensure the cars deliver the highest level of performance.
– The blend of high performance synthetic base oil additives contributes to ESCTAR’s superiority over ordinary engine oils, and ensures a remarkable engine performance.
– ECSTAR oil goes through rigorous tests to ensure good performance in all conditions.
Some of the tests include:
– High speed and full power tests (to evaluate oil performance under high shear and high thermal load conditions); deposit test (to evaluate influence of deposits formed on various engine parts) and friction test and brake specific fuel consumption or BSFC mapping (to measure friction loss behavior and efficiency improvement).
– The range of ECSTAR products will be procured from select local suppliers here. These suppliers will undergo stringent tests to qualify their products to be included under ECSTAR umbrella.
– To begin with, the range of ECSTAR products includes Injector cleaner, automatic transmission oil, underbody coat and screen wash for the cars. More products will be added to the ECSTAR range in India progressively.