Mahindra & Mahindra has launched the XUV500 Xclusive Edition in the country. Built on the top-spec W8 trim, the new variant is priced at Rs. 14.48 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai). The new Xclusive Edition will be a limited production model and only 700 examples will be manufactured.
The XUV500 Xclusive Edition gets all the features that are accessible in the current top-spec W8 variant. Under the bonnet is the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that churns out 140bhp of power and 330Nm of top torque. This engine is paired to a six-speed manual transmission.
- The Xclusive Edition is equipped with electric sunroof, six-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat (Optional), grey alloy wheels, aluminium pedals, illuminated scuff plates and anti-pinch driver window.
- The infotainment system comprises of a 6-inch touch-screen with GPS, DVD, CD, MP3, FM, USB and iPod connectivity, voice commands, etc.
- Other additions include fully automatic temperature control with dual HVAC, projector headlamps with LED parking lights, tyretronics and reverse parking asist system.
- It is equipped with multi-functional steering wheel with controls for audio and cruise.
- The safety features include six airbags (front, side and curtain), Electronic stability program with Rollover Mitigation, ABS with EBD, Holl Hold and Hill Descent control, etc.
Speaking on the launch of the XUV500 Xclusive Edition, Vivek Nayer, Chief Marketing Officer, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd said, “We are pleased to introduce the ‘XUV500 Xclusive Edition’. Being a customer centric organization, we have launched this model basis feedback we have been getting from our customers. The XUV500 Xclusive Edition will create a new benchmark in premiumness and exclusivity, to further enhance the XUV500’s appeal amongst its customers and fans.”