The new 2020 Hyundai Verna facelift has finally been launched in the country. The sedan has received noticeable design changes and feature upgrades along with a set of new petrol and diesel engines. Let’s find out what all has changed compared to the previous model.
– Prices of the new Verna start from Rs 9.31 lakh for the entry-level variant and go up to Rs 13.94 lakh. The previous BS4 model was available in the price range of Rs 9.33 lakh – Rs 13.01 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom.
– The facelifted model has witnessed a price hike from Rs 3,000 to Rs 93,000. At present, the sedan comes in a total of 11 variants and five trims (S, S+, SX, SX (O) and SX (O) Turbo.
– BS6-compliant engines are the major updates made to the Verna. The 2020 Hyundai Verna has been offered with three engine options – 1.5L MPI petrol (113bhp/144Nm), 1.0L Kappa turbo GDi petrol (118bhp/172Nm) and 1.5L U2 CRDi diesel (113bhp/250Nm). Read – New Hyundai SUV (Fortuner Rival) Under Consideration For India
– The 1.5L petrol and diesel motors are available with a 6-speed manual gearbox along with the optional iVT and 6-speed automatic gearbox. The turbo petrol engine is exclusively offered with a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox.
– The pre-facelift model was offered with three BS4 engine options – 1.6L petrol (121bhp/151Nm), 1.6L diesel (126bhp/260Nm) and 1.4L diesel (89bhp/220Nm) engine option. Transmissions on offer were a 6-speed automatic torque converter and a 6-speed manual gearbox.
– Visually, the 2020 Hyundai Verna facelift looks more refreshing (especially the front fascia). The sedan gets a new signature cascading chrome grille, newly-designed LED headlamps with LED DRLs and revised bumper. Read – 2021 Hyundai Starex MPV Spotted For The First Time
– The newly-designed diamond cut alloys, silver door handles, new ORVMs, new rear bumper, revised taillamps and redesigned boot lid further enhance its new look.
– No changes have been made to its dimensions. It continues to come in 6 colour schemes – Fiery Red, Polar White, Starry Night, Titan Grey, Typhoon Silver and Phantom Black.
– The dual-tone black-beige interior scheme along with a pack of new features gives a premium appeal to its interior. The turbo petrol variant has all-black interior with red stitches on the upholstery. Read – Hyundai Creta 7-Seater Launch Details Out
– The facelifted Verna has been equipped with Hyundai’s BlueLink connected car technology providing access to 45 features including remote engine and air con operations (automatic only), voice command functions and more.
– The new Verna also comes with digital cluster with colour TFT, front ventilated seats, multi-function steering wheel, Arkamys premium sound system, emergency stop signal, rear USB charger, wireless phone charger, Eco coating, sliding front center console armrest with storage, seat height adjuster, twin-tip muffler design and smart trunk.