The Maruti Ertiga Hybrid became the second product to get the company’s SHVS micro hybrid technology, which was launched on 16th October, 2015. Available across the MPV’s all diesel variants, the SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) micro hybrid technology is claimed to improve fuel efficiency, and lower carbon emissions of the car. Prices of the Maruti Ertiga Hybrid start from Rs. 7.55 lakh for base variant, and go up to Rs. 9.25 lakh for the top-variant.
Also Read: Maruti Suzuki Baleno vs Hyundai Elite i20 |
Maruti Ertiga Hybrid Price
Smart Hybrid Ldi – Rs. 7.55 lakh
Smart Hybrid Ldi (O) – Rs. 7.62 lakh
Smart Hybrid Vdi – Rs. 8.26 lakh
Smart Hybrid Zdi – Rs. 8.82 lakh
Smart Hybrid Zdi+ – Rs. 9.25 lakh
*Prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
Also Read: Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Cars
Here’re 5 things that you should know about the Maruti Ertiga SHVS
1. The Ertiga hybrid returns improved fuel efficiency of 24.52kmpl over the old diesel model’s ARAI-rated 20.77kmpl.
2. The new mild hybrid system includes an Integrated Starter Generator (ISG) supported with regenerative braking system and a pack of lithium ion battery that helps car to deliver better mileage.
3. This hybrid technology converts wheel’s kinetic energy into electricity. This electricity with an idle start-stop system helps generate extra torque and provides engine power assistance.
4. The Maruti’s new Ertiga hybrid version is powered by a 1.3-litre DDiS diesel engine that is combined with the SHVS module. This powertrain puts out a maximum power of 88.7bhp and 200Nm of torque.
5. The new hybrid variant received noticeable cosmetic updates such as revised front and rear bumpers, bolder chrome grille, new alloys, extended taillight reflectors, license plate enclosure with a new chrome appliqué and rear parking sensors. Inside the cabin, the car gets dual-tone black-beige dashboard, Auto up driver side power window, new dark brown seat fabric and several additional fitments.
Maruti Ertiga Hybrid Specs, Mileage & Changes
Engine Type – 1.3-litre DDiS diesel with SHVS module
Power – 88.7bhp @ 4000rpm
Torque – 200Nm @ 1750rpm
Mileage – 24.52kmpl
• New triple-slat chrome radiator grille and airdam
• Re-designed fog lights with chrome elements
• New alloy wheels design
• Electrically foldable wing mirrors
• Rear parking sensors
• New exterior paint options