Automatic SUVs in India have earned huge popularity in the last half a decade. Considering the rising demand, most car manufacturers are offering their new and existing models with automatic transmission options. Even if you have a budget below Rs 15 lakh, there are multiple options to choose from. Here, we bring you a list of the top seven automatic SUVs in India under Rs 15 lakh that are in garnering good numbers every month.
1. Ford EcoSport - Ford EcoSport is one of the top-selling products from the American carmaker in India. Engine options for the EcoSport include 1.0-litre Ecoboost petrol, 1.5-litre Ti-VCT petrol and 1.5-litre TDCi diesel. There are two automatic variants of the compact SUV – 1.5L Ti VCT Titanium and 1.5L Ti VCT Signature – priced at Rs 9.8 lakh and Rs 10.17 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Renault Duster - This French offering is readying for a generation change sometime next year or in 2019. While for now, it can benefit from the whopping price cut that ranges up to Rs 1.71 lakh. The all-new Duster will have a global unveil soon before it comes to India.
3. Hyundai Creta - Initially, Hyundai India introduced a 6-speed automatic transmission only on the top-spec 1.6L VGT SX+ diesel variant. Early this year, the carmaker added a new petrol automatic version to the model lineup. While the Creta 1.6L SX+ (AT) diesel comes with a price tag of Rs 14.58 lakh, the 1.6L SX+ (AT) petrol version is available at Rs 12.94 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
4. Nissan Terrano - The Nissan Terrano joined the automatic SUV bandwagon in October 2016. The company introduced a 6-speed Advanced Auto Drive (AMT) gearbox on the top-spec XVD grade of the vehicle. Priced at Rs 13.75 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi), this automatic variant is powered by the 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder K9K diesel engine that’s good for 108.5bhp (110PS).
5. Mahindra XUV500 - Mahindra’s popular SUV - XUV500 – is available with four automatic variants – W6 FWD, W8 FWD, W10 FWD, and W10 AWD. Powering the SUV is a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine punching out 140bhp and 320Nm of torque. While the W6, W8 and W10 with FWD system are available at Rs 14.72 lakh, Rs 16.68 lakh and Rs 17.56 lakh respectively, the W10 AWD costs Rs 18.59 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
6. Honda BR-V - Launched early this year, the Honda BR-V has been made available with two engine options – a 1.5-litre i-VTEC petrol and 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel. The BR-V is the first car in its segment to offer CVT automatic gearbox with paddle shifters. The top-end V i-VTEC petrol automatic version of the compact SUV will cost you Rs 12.13 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
7. Mahindra Scorpio - Mahindra added an automatic variant to its Scorpio lineup in July 2015. Available with the 2WD and 4WD options, the Mahindra Scorpio automatic is available on the top-ranging S10 variant. The Scorpio’s automatic version costs Rs 13.13 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).