The Renault Kwid, undoubtedly, is one of the most crucial products for the French carmaker in India, since it aims to tap a higher market share, and products like the Kwid make a lot of sense for our country. This hatchback is the most affordable Renault offering that will target the entry-level buyers. Despite being an […]
The Renault Kwid, undoubtedly, is one of the most crucial products for the French carmaker in India, since it aims to tap a higher market share, and products like the Kwid make a lot of sense for our country. This hatchback is the most affordable Renault offering that will target the entry-level buyers. Despite being an affordable car, the vehicle looks a lot better than all of its rivals, thanks to a striking design. The vehicle made its global debut on May 20th, and received a great response both from the industry experts and consumers. So, here’s a list of most frequently asked questions about the upcoming small car from Renault India.
1. What is the Ground Clearance of Renault Kwid?
Ans: The small car comes with a high ground clearance of 180mm, which is more than sufficient to tackle Indian road conditions. Despite being an entry level car, the Kwid has a ground clearance equivalent to most SUVs available in our market.
2. Which engine oil is best for the Renault Kwid?
Ans: The French carmaker’s new compact car is powered by a 799cc, 3-cylinder DOHC petrol engine. The recommended engine oil for this motor is 5W30 synthetic oil, which increases powertrain’s life, and offers hassle free driving experience.
3. Tell me the suitable tyre pressure for the Renault Kwid?
Ans: The Kwid is assembled with 13-inches wheels wrapped with 155/80 R13 radial tubeless tyres. The recommended tyre pressure for these tyres is 30-32PSI. While the 30PSI will offer comfortable driving experience, the 32PSI helps in achieving high fuel efficiency.
4. Is Renault Kwid available through CSD (Canteen Stores Department) Canteen? What is the CSD price of Kwid?
Ans: Renault India doesn’t sell any of its cars through CSD (Canteen Stores Department) Canteen as of now.
5. What is the top speed and pick-up (acceleration) of Renault Kwid?
Ans: The small SUV features an all-new 799cc, 3-cylinder DOHC petrol engine which is capable to produce 52bhp of power and a 72Nm of torque. It can achieve 0-100kmph in about 16 seconds before hitting a top speed of about 130-135kmph.
6. What is Renault Kwid’s fuel tank capacity?
Ans: The entry-level car has a fuel tank capacity of 28-litres.
7. What is the boot space (luggage carrying capacity) of the Renault Kwid?
Ans: The Kwid offers a segment-leading boot space of 300-liters.
8. What is the warranty period/time with Renault Kwid?
Ans: The Kwid comes with a warranty period of 2 years/ 50,000kms (whichever comes first) that can be expand upto 3 years/ 60K kms – 4 years/ 80K kms. Seeing the initial response the car has receive, we expect it to have a waiting period of at least 3-4 weeks, depending upon the region, state and city one is buying it from.
9. Tell me about Renault Kwid’s music system?
Ans: It is equipped with a four-speaker single-DIN stereo with radio AM/FM/MP3 and Bluetooth, USB and AUX-in connectivity. Though, the base variant of the hatchback is devoid of the music system. The car also features Media-Navigation system with a 7-inch (first-in segment) touchscreen display that supports radio and Bluetooth telephony.
10. Is Renault Kwid available with leather seat covers?
Ans: No, the small car is not available with leather seat covers. All variants of the hatchback are offered with fabric upholstery.
11. What is the tyre size of Renault Kwid?
Ans: The hatchback is equipped with 13-inches wheels that are wrapped with 155/80 R13 radial tubeless tyres.
12. What is the power & torque of Renault Kwid?
Ans: The Kwid is powered by an all-new 799cc, three-cylinder DOHC petrol engine which is capable of producing about 53.2bhp of power and 72Nm of torque. This makes it one of the most powerful car in its league.
13. How much is the Renault Kwid service & maintenance Cost?
Ans: Renault has used 98 per cent local components to develop this small car. With high level of local parts, the small car carries a low service and maintenance cost. The company is offering repair warranty on all Genuine Renault Parts and Service work for 12 months/20,000kms whichever is earlier.
14. What all safety features are offered with the Renault Kwid?
Ans: This entry-level hatchback is equipped with decent safety and security features. The base variant of the hatchback gets high mounted stop lamp, front and rear seatbelts, spare wheel, warning triangle and 2 year corrosion protection. While, features like optional driver side airbag, remote keyless entry with central locking, engine immobilizer, front fog lamps and intermittent front wiper and auto wiping while washing are available only on the top-end model.
15. Does Renault Kwid have ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and Airbags?
Ans: The small car doesn’t get ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) as a safety feature. The top-end-variant, however, offered with an optional driver-side airbag.
16. Is LPG/CNG versions of the Renault Kwid available in India?
Ans: No, the Kwid isn’t available in LPG/ CNG versions. Currently, the hatchback is offered with a 53.2bhp, 799cc, 3-cylinder DOHC petrol engine option.
17. What is Renault Kwid’s real mileage in city and on highways?
Ans: Renault claims that the Kwid returns a class-leading mileage of 25.17kmpl. This also makes it the most fuel efficient petrol car in the country.
18. Does Renault Kwid have an Automatic model?
Ans: Initially, the Kwid is made available with a 5-speed manual transmission. Though, the company might launch an AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) equipped model at a later stage.
19. What all gearbox options available with Renault Kwid?
Ans: The entry-level car is offered with a five-speed manual transmission only.
20. Tell me about Renault Kwid’s total seats?
Ans: The small car offers a spacious cabin to accommodate five adults comfortably in 2+3 seating layout.
21. Is Renault Kwid available with automatic air conditioning?
Ans: No, the entry-level car doesn’t have automatic air conditioning unit. The RXE, RXL and RXT trims get a manual air-conditioning, while the base variant misses out this feature.
22. Is Renault Kwid offered with alloy wheels?
Ans: No, the all variants of the Kwid come with the 13-inches steel wheels.
23. Tell me about Renault Kwid’s parking sensors and camera?
Ans: No, the small car doesn’t get parking sensors and camera.