1. What is the ground clearance of Maruti Suzuki S-Cross?
Ans: Internationally, the crossover comes with a ground clearance of 170mm, but the India-spec model has a ground clearance 180mm that is good enough to tackle Indian road conditions.
2. Which engine oil is best for the Maruti S Cross?
Ans: The crossover is available in two engine options- 1.3-litre multi-jet and 1.6-litr multi-jet. The recommended engine oil for these diesel engines is full synthetic oil- 5W30.
3. Tell me the suitable tyre pressure for the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross?
Ans: The crossover comes equipped with 15 and 16-inch wheels, and the recommended tyre pressure for these tyres is 32-35PSI. While the 32PSI will offer comfortable driving, the 35PSI improves fuel economy.
4. Is Maruti S Cross available through CSD (Canteen Stores Department) Canteen? What is the CSD price of S-Cross?
Ans: Initially, it won’t. Though the company might decided on this at a later stage.
5. What is the top speed and pick-up (acceleration) of Maruti S Cross?
Ans: The vehicle is powered by a 1.3-litre diesel engine that allows the car to cross 100kmph from zero in less than 15 seconds before hitting a top speed of about 140-150kmph. The more powerful variant with 1.6-litre crosses 0-100kmph in less than 12 seconds and hit a top speed of about 160-170kmph.
6. What is Maruti S Cross’ fuel tank capacity?
Ans: The crossover comes with a fuel tank of about 45-litre.
7. What is the boot space (luggage carrying capacity) of the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross?
Ans: The crossover offers a large cargo space of 420-litres, which is more than sufficient to accommodate four suitcases.
8. What is the warranty period/time with Maruti S Cross?
Ans: The vehicle comes with a waiting period of 2 years or 40,000km, which can be further extended by paying some nominal amount.
9. Tell me about Maruti S-Cross’ music system?
Ans: The S-Cross crossover is equipped with Maruti’s SmartPlay infotainment system which is the same offered with the Ciaz sedan. The infotainment system comprises of MP3 player, Bluetooth, USB and AUX-in.
10. Is Maruti Suzuki S-Cross available with leather seat covers?
Ans: Yes, the range-topping variant is equipped with leather seat covers.
11. What is the tyre size of Maruti S Cross?
Ans: The flared wheel arches of the cross have been fitted to 16-inch alloy wheels shod with 195 / 55 R16 tyres.
12. What is the power & torque of Maruti S-Cross?
Ans: The crossover is offered in two engine options- 1.3-litre MJD and 1.6-litre MJD. While the former is capable of producing 90bhp of power and 200Nm of torque, the more powerful engine produces 118bhp of power and 320Nm of torque.
13. How much is the Maruti S Cross service & maintenance Cost?
Ans: Since it’s a Maruti Suzuki car, expect it not to cost much. The regular monthly service should be around 3,000.
14. What all safety features are offered in the Maruti S-Cross?
Ans: The crossover is equipped with a range of safety and security features including ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic BrakeForce Distribution), Hill Assist, dual airbags, engine immobilizer, etc.
15. Does Maruti Suzuki S-Cross have ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and Airbags?
Ans: Yes, the car is equipped with ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and dual airbags (driver and co-driver).
16. Is LPG/CNG versions of the Maruti S Cross available in India?
Ans: No, the crossover is not available with LPG or CNG fuel options. The vehicle is available in diesel version only.
17. What is Maruti S-Cross’ real mileage in city and on highways?
Ans: The crossover is powered by a 1.3-litre MJD diesel unit that returns about 18kmpl in city and 23.65kmpl on highways, while the powerful 1.6L MJD diesel motor delivers around 14kmpl and 22.7kmpl in city and on freeways, respectively.
18. Does Maruti Suzuki S-Cross have an Automatic model?
Ans: No, the S-Cross is only available in manual version. While the 1.3L MJD unit is paired to a five-speed manual gearbox, the 1.6L MJD motor is coupled to a six-speed gearbox.
19. What all gearbox options are available with Maruti S-Cross?
Ans: The crossover is offered in two gearbox options- a five-speed manual and a six-speed manual.
20. Tell me about Maruti S-Cross’ total seats?
Ans: Measuring 4,300mm in length, the S-Cross is a five-seater crossover. It offers spacious cabin to accommodate five adults in 2+3 layout.
21. Is Maruti S Cross available with automatic air conditioning?
Ans: Yes, the range-topping variant is equipped with automatic air-conditioning.
22. Is Maruti Suzuki S-Cross offered with alloy wheels?
Ans: Yes, the flared wheel arches of the crossover have been fitted to 16-inch alloy wheels.
23. Tell me about Maruti S-Cross’s parking sensors and camera?
Ans: The crossover features reverse parking sensors, but it misses out on reversing camera.