Here’s a spec-based comparison between Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta.
Nissan India is ready to introduce its all-new compact SUV – Kicks – on coming 22nd January, 2019. We have already driven the SUV, and quite impressed with its performance. The Nissan Kicks, the premium 5-seater SUV from the Japanese carmaker, shares some of its components with the Terrano. Unlike Brazilian-spec model that uses the Nissan’s V-platform, the India-spec Kicks underpins Renault’s low-cost MO platform. Once launched, the Nissan Kicks will be positioned against the Creta, which is currently leading the segment. Here, we bring you a spec-based comparison between these two SUVs (Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta).
Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta Price
|Nissan Kicks||Rs 10 lakh to Rs 16 lakh (estimated)|
|Hyundai Creta||Rs 9.50 lakh to Rs 15.10 lakh(ex, Delhi)|
– The Nissan Kicks will come as a premium alternative to the low-selling Terrano SUV in the country. It will be one of most well-equipped vehicles in its segment.
– Official prices of the SUV will be revealed at its launch on 22nd January. Though, it is likely to be priced around Rs 10 lakh for the base model and Rs 16 lakh for the top-spec trim.
– The Hyundai Creta is one of the best-selling SUVs in its category. The vehicle comes with both petrol and diesel powertrains and manual and automatic gearbox options.
– Currently, the Creta SUV carline is available in the price range of Rs 9.50 lakh (E petrol trim) – Rs 15.10 lakh (SX (O) diesel variant). All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta Specifications
|Specifications||Nissan Kicks||Hyundai Creta|
|Petrol||1.5L||1.6L Dual VTVT|
|Diesel||1.5L K9K||1.6L CRDi VGT & 1.4L CRDi|
|Power||110bhp||126.2bhp & 88.7bhp|
|Torque||240Nm||220Nm & 260Nm|
|Transmission||5-speed MT & 6-speed MT||6-speed MT & 6-speed AT|
– The Nissan Kicks compact SUV will be made available in four trims – XL, XV, XV Pre and XV Pre-Option – packed with petrol and diesel engines.
– The petrol version will source its power from a 1.5L motor that’s good for 106bhp. The diesel model, on the other hand, will get a 1.5L unit generating power worth 110bhp.
– Transmission choices will include a 5-speed manual and a 6-speed manual. While the former will be offered only on the petrol variants, the latter will be made available with diesel models.
– The Hyundai Creta, too, comes with both petrol and diesel powertrain options paired with manual and automatic transmissions.
– The Creta petrol model comes equipped with a 1.6L unit producing 121bhp, and the diesel variants are available with two motor options – a 126bhp, 1.6L CRDi VGT and a 88bhp, 1.4L CRDi.
– The SUV can be brought the SUV either with a 6-speed manual transmission or an optional 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta Mileage
|Model||Petrol Mileage||Diesel Mileage|
|Nissan Kicks||14.23kmpl||19.39kmpl – 20.45kmpl|
– Mileage figures of the Nissan Kicks have already been leaked ahead of its official launch.
– As per the leaked information, the petrol version will promise fuel economy of 14.23kmpl and the diesel model will return 20.45kmpl (base variant) – 19.39kmpl (top-spec XV Pre and V Pre-Option).
– The fuel efficiency of the Hyundai Creta is rated at 15.3kmpl for the petrol model and at 21.4kmpl for the diesel version.
Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta Dimensions
|Dimensions||Nissan Kicks||Hyundai Creta|
|Boot Space (Litres)||400||400|
– In terms of proportions, the Nissan Kicks is bigger and sits on a slightly longer wheelbase than the Hyundai Creta.
– Nissan’s new SUV measures 4384mm in length, 1813mm in width and 1656mm in height, thus making it 114mm longer, 33mm wider and 26mm taller than its arch rival. The Kicks’ ground clearance stands at 210mm.
– The Kicks has a wheelbase of 2673mm, which is 83mm longer than the Creta SUV. The longer wheelbase ensures more cabin space. Both SUVs offer a boot space of 400-litres.
– The overall length, width and height of the Hyundai Creta stand at 4270mm, 1780mm, 1630mm respectively. The SUV sits on a 2590mm long wheelbase and has a ground clearance of 201mm.
Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta Features
|Key Features||Nissan Kicks||Hyundai Creta|
|Rear AC Vents||Yes||Yes|
|Touchscreen Infotainment system||Yes||Yes|
|Height adj. driver seat||Yes||Yes|
|Steering mounted audio & calling controls||Yes||Yes|
|Apple CarPlay& Android Auto||Yes||Yes|
|Rear wiper & washer||Yes||Yes|
– Nissan has packed the all-new Kicks with lots of segment first features including an 8.0-inch floating infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support and voice recognition function, around view monitor 360 degree camera, Nissan Connect (standard), automatic AC unit (standard) and smart maneuvrability – least turning radius along with best-in-class shoulder and knee room.
– The SUV has dual-tone (Brown and Black) interior theme with carbon fibre finish and leather wrapped soft touch dashboard and door trims.
– Visually, the Kicks appears quite sporty with elements such as LED projector headlamps, LED signature lamp, floating roof design, R17-5 machined alloys, signature V-motion chrome grille, roof rail, boomerang taillamp and body side moulding, wheel arches and skid plates.
– The Hyundai Creta, on the other hand, comes with several comfort goodies such as foldable key, front console armrest with storage, rear AC vents, electric tailgate release, front & rear power windows and power steering with tilt function. All aforementioned features are standard across the range.
– Features such as automatic AC, rear wiper & washer, power folding wing mirrors & driver side auto up-down are available from SX onwards.
– The smart key with push button is offered from SX+ onwards and the 60:40 split seats come only with the SX+ AT trims.
Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta Safety Features
|Key Features||Nissan Kicks||Hyundai Creta|
|Dual front airbags||Yes||Yes|
|ABS with EBD||Yes||Yes|
|Rear parking camera||Yes||Yes|
|Speed sensing auto door lock||–||Yes|
|Reverse parking sensor||Yes||Yes|
|All Disc brakes||Not Known||No|
|NCAP Rating||NA||4-Star Latin NCAP (2015)|
– Nissan’s new 5-seater SUV comes loaded with prominent safety bits such as standard dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, brake assist and engine immobilizer.
– Other safety bits include Intelligent trace control (vehicle dynamic control), cruise control, smart vision with auto headlamps, cornering fog lamps, front and rear fog lamps and hill start assist.
– The list of standard safety fitments of the Hyundai Creta includes dual airbags, ABS with EBD, manual day/night IRVM, impact sensing auto door lock, lane change indicator and immobilizer.
– The side-bags and curtain-bags are reserved for the top-spec SX(O) variant.
– Other vital safety tech like electronic stability control, vehicle stability management, hill-start assist control, height adjustable front seatbelts, lane change flash adjustment & speed sensing auto door locks come only with the SX(O) variant.
– The child seat anchors are available only with the AT variants.
– In the LATIN NCAP test (2015) the made-in-India Hyundai Creta received 4-stars for adult protection and 3-stars for child protection. One must note that the tested model was for export markets including Colombia, Costa Rica, Peru and Panama.
Related Video: Nissan Kicks Review – The Perfect Creta Rival?
Nissan Kicks Vs Hyundai Creta
- Overall Rating