The India-bound New Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018 recently made its world debut at the Indonesia International Motor Show. The MPV’s second-generation model will soon make its way to India as well. With an all-new design, premium features and more efficient engines and platform, the 2018 Maruti Ertiga is likely to fit in big shoes of its predecessor. Here, we have complied all the changes that have been made to the new-generation model and how it’s different from the previous one. (New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga)
Related Video – Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018 Preview
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Price
|2018 Maruti Ertiga||Rs 7 lakh – Rs 10 lakh (Expected)|
|Old Maruti Ertiga||Rs 6.33 lakh – Rs 10.69 lakh|
– The existing model of the Ertiga is available in a total of 12 variants with petrol and diesel SHVS powertrain options.
– While the petrol models come in the price range of Rs 6.33 lakh – Rs 8.85 lakh, the SHVS variants are priced between Rs 8.78 lakh – Rs 10.69 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
– Prices of the new 2018 Maruti Ertiga are yet to be revealed by the carmaker.
– The MPV’s new model will use a new, lighter platform with an all-new design language and updated dimensions. It will have more features and cabin space to offer.
– Compared to the outgoing model, the new version will be high on fuel efficiency and performance. These merits will surely move its prices on a slightly higher notch.
– Speculations suggest that it could be priced around Rs 7 lakh for the base petrol variant and Rs 10 lakh for the top-end SHVS diesel model.
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Specifications
|Specifications||2018 Maruti Ertiga||Old Maruti Ertiga|
|Petrol Engine||1.5L K15B||1.4L K14B|
|Diesel Engine||1.5L, 4-cylinder||1.3L SHVS|
|Max Power||Over 98.6bhp||88.5bhp|
|Transmission||5-speed MT & AMT||5-speed MT|
– Prominent changes will be made under the hood of the 2018 Maruti Ertiga.
– While the current model uses a 1.4-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel with SHVS technology powertrains, the new-generation version is likely to receive the new 1.5L petrol and diesel engines.
– The new 1.5L powertrains will be more powerful and refined than the existing ones.
– The 1.4L petrol and 1.3L with SHVS deliver a maximum power of 91.1bhp with 130Nm and 88.5bhp with 200Nm respectively.
– The new 1.5L petrol unit is likely to deliver 103.2bhp with 138Nm.
– The power and torque outputs of the new 1.5L diesel motor are still under the wraps, though, it estimated to return power over 98.6bhp and torque between 200Nm to 250Nm.
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Mileage
|2018 Maruti Ertiga||18kmpl (Expected)||25-27kmpl (Expected)|
|Old Maruti Ertiga||15.04kmpl – 17.5kmpl||15.04kmpl-24.05kmpl|
– The new-generation Ertiga shares its underpinning with Maruti Suzuki’s new age cars such as Baleno, Ignis, new Swift and Dzire – i.e. HEARTECT platform.
– The new architecture will not only shed some extra kgs of the MPV, but make it stiffer, safer and more fuel efficient than before as well.
– Currently, the MPV’s petrol version delivers a claimed mileage of 17.5kmpl in city and 15.04kmpl on highways. The diesel model with SHVS technology offers fuel economy of 24.52kmpl on urban roads and 15.04kmpl on freeways.
– With new powertrains and lighter body-built, the 2018 Maurti Ertiga is likely to deliver mileage between 18kmpl (petrol) and 25-27kmpl (diesel).
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Dimensions
|Dimensions||2018 Maruti Ertiga||Old Maruti Ertiga|
– The 2018 Maruti Ertiga has also witnessed dimensional changes. Compared to the old one, the new model is 99mm longer, 40mm wider and 5mm taller.
– While the wheelbase of the MPV remains unchanged (2740mm), the ground clearance has been reduced from 185mm to 180mm.
– The new-generation Ertiga is 4395mm long, 1735mm wide and 1690mm tall.
– Whereas, the old model measures 4296mm in length, 1695mm in width ad 1685mm in height.
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Features
– The dual-tone (Grey and Beige) interior theme has been carried over from the old model. Though, it gets the central black panel integrated air vents with faux wood insert.
– Features such as flat bottom steering wheel with wood inserts, twin-pod cluster, air conditioning panel and front seats have been borrowed from the new Dzire hatchback.
– While the Indonesia-spec 2018 Ertiga is equipped with the manual air conditioning unit, the India-spec version might get climate control as we have seen in the new Dzire.
– Maruti equips AC vents in the twin bottle holders positioned on the central console.
– The India-spec 2018 Maruti Ertiga might continue to feature the 7-inch Smartplay infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
– Most of the features have been carried over from the old model including roof-mounted vents with blower control, keyless entry system, push-button engine start/stop, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX child seat anchors. It might also get the ESP (electronic stability program).
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Design
– Featuring a new platform and significant cosmetic changes, the 2018 Maruti Ertiga appears more premium and refreshing the old model.
– While the Indonesia-spec model has halogen projector headlamps with a dual-barrel setup, the India-spec version could be offered with LED projector units.
– The newly-designed hexagonal grille with chrome treatment, more pronounced bonnet, revised front bumper with wider air intakes and new fog lamps further enhance its new look.
– The rear quarter glass is considerably larger, thanks to its increased length.
– Moving to the sides, the MPV will feature the new machine cut 16-inch alloy wheels and new electronically adjustable ORVMs and door handles.
– Round the back, you will notice the new LED taillamps, license plate with chrome detailing and slimmer rear bumper.