Here, we have complied all the changes that have been made to the new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018.
The new-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has finally made its way to the Indian market. Featuring an all-new design, premium features and more efficient powertrains and platform, the new Maruti Ertiga 2018 is likely to fit in big shoes of its predecessor. Here, we have complied all the changes that have been made to the new-generation model and how it’s different from the previous one. (New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga)
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Price
|2018 Maruti Ertiga||Rs 7.44 lakh – Rs 10.90 lakh|
|Old Maruti Ertiga||Rs 6.33 lakh – Rs 10.69 lakh|
– Prices of the new 2018 Maruti Ertiga start from Rs 7.44lakh and go all the way up to Rs 10.90lakh (all, ex-showroom Delhi).
– The MPV’s new model uses a new, lighter platform and an all-new design language along with updated dimensions. It also has more features and cabin space to offer.
– Compared to the previous generation, the new Maruti Ertiga 2018 is high on fuel efficiency and performance. These merits have moved its prices on a slightly higher notch.
– The entry-level petrol variant costs Rs 7.44 lakh and the top-spec trim is priced at 9.95 lakh. The diesel version of the MPV has been made available in the price range of Rs 8.84 lakh – Rs 10.90 lakh (all, ex-showroom Delhi).
– The old model of the Ertiga was available in a total of 12 variants with petrol and diesel SHVS powertrain options.
– While the petrol models was available in the price range of Rs 6.33 lakh – Rs 8.85 lakh, the SHVS variants were priced between Rs 8.78 lakh – Rs 10.69 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Specifications
|Specifications||2018 Maruti Ertiga||Old Maruti Ertiga|
|Petrol Engine||1.5L K15B||1.4L K14B|
|Diesel Engine||1.3L, 4-cylinder||1.3L SHVS|
|Transmission||5-speed MT & 4-speed AT||5-speed MT|
– Prominent changes have been made under the hood of the 2018 Maruti Ertiga.
– While the old model was propelled by a 1.4-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel with SHVS technology powertrains, the new-generation version receives the new 1.5L SHVS petrol engine. The 1.3L SHVS diesel motor is continued to be on offer.
– The new 1.5L SHVS powertrain is more powerful, refined and fuel efficient than its replacement.
– While the old 1.4L petrol delivers a maximum power of 91.1bhp with 130Nm, the new 1.5L unit makes 104bhp with 138Nm of torque.
– The 1.3L diesel motor with SHVS produces a peak power of 89bhp with 200Nm.
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Mileage
|2018 Maruti Ertiga||18.69kmpl (MT) – 19.34kmpl (AT)||25.47kmpl|
|Old Maruti Ertiga||15.04kmpl – 17.5kmpl||15.04kmpl-24.05kmpl|
– The new-generation Ertiga shares its underpinning with Maruti Suzuki’s new age cars such as Baleno, Ignis, new Swift and Dzire – i.e. HEARTECT platform.
– The new architecture not only sheds some extra kgs of the MPV, but makes it stiffer, safer and more fuel efficient than before as well.
– With new powertrains and lighter body-built, the 2018 Maurti Ertiga delivers mileage between 18.69kmpl-19.34kmpl (petrol) and 25.47kmpl (diesel).
– The previous generation of the MPV’s petrol version delivers a claimed mileage of 17.5kmpl in city and 15.04kmpl on highways. The diesel model with SHVS technology offers fuel economy of 24.52kmpl on urban roads and 15.04kmpl on freeways.
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Dimensions
|Dimensions||2018 Maruti Ertiga||Old Maruti Ertiga|
– The 2018 Maruti Ertiga has also witnessed dimensional changes. Compared to the old one, the new model is 99mm longer, 40mm wider and 5mm taller.
– While the wheelbase of the MPV remains unchanged (2740mm), the ground clearance has been reduced from 185mm to 180mm.
– The new-generation Ertiga is 4395mm long, 1735mm wide and 1690mm tall.
– Whereas, the old model measures 4296mm in length, 1695mm in width ad 1685mm in height.
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Features
– The dual-tone interior theme has been carried over from the old model. Though, it gets the central black panel integrated air vents with faux wood insert.
– Features such as flat bottom steering wheel with wood inserts, twin-pod cluster, air conditioning panel and front seats have been borrowed from the new Dzire hatchback.
– Maruti equips AC vents in the twin bottle holders positioned on the central console.
– The top-spec trims of the new Maruti Ertiga are exclusively offered with the 7-inch Smartplay infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
– Features such as leather wrapped steering wheel and rear parking camera are restricted to the ZXi+ and ZDi+ trims.
– Most of the features have been carried over from the old model including roof-mounted vents with blower control, keyless entry system, push-button engine start/stop, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD and ISOFIX child seat anchors. It also gets the ESP (electronic stability program) and hill hold function, which are reserved for the automatic petrol models.
New Maruti Ertiga 2018 Vs Old Ertiga – Design
– Featuring a new platform and significant cosmetic changes, the 2018 Maruti Ertiga appears more premium and refreshing the old model.
– The MPV gets projector headlamps, a newly-designed hexagonal grille with chrome treatment, more pronounced bonnet, revised front bumper with wider air intakes and new fog lamps at the front end.
– The rear quarter glass is considerably larger, thanks to its increased length.
– Moving to the sides, the new Maruti Ertiga 2018 features the new machine cut 16-inch alloy wheels and new electronically adjustable ORVMs and chrome door handles.
– Round the back, you will notice the new LED taillamps, license plate with chrome detailing and slimmer rear bumper.