Here’s a brief spec-based comparison between the new Hyundai Creta 2018 and the old Creta.
The new Hyundai Creta 2018 comes with a host of updates including design changes, new features and new dual-tone paint scheme.
New Hyundai Creta 2018 facelift is finally here. The South Korean carmaker has announced prices and details of the SUV’s new model on 21st May, 2018. It’s the first comprehensive update to the SUV since its launch in 2015. The facelifted model comes with a host of updates including design changes, new features and new dual-tone paint scheme. Here, we made a brief spec-based comparison between the 2018 Creta facelift and the old model (New Hyundai Creta 2018 Vs Old Creta).
|New 2018 Hyundai Creta||Rs 9.43 lakh – Rs 15.03 lakh|
|Old Hyundai Creta||Rs 9.29 lakh – Rs 14.59 lakh|
– Available in four trims, the new Hyundai Creta 2018 facelift comes in the price range of Rs 9.43 lakh – Rs 15.03 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
– While the petrol variants cost between Rs 9.43 lakh – Rs 13.59 lakh, the diesel models are available in the price range of Rs 9.99 lakh – Rs 15.03 lakh.
– The entry-level petrol and the top-spec models of the 2018 Creta facelift are around Rs 15,000 and Rs 57,000 more expensive than its old base and top-end petrol variants respectively.
– Price of the range-topping diesel model has been increased by Rs 44,000, while the base diesel version comes at the same price.
– The old Hyundai Creta was priced in the range of Rs 9.29 lakh – Rs 14.59 lakh.
– All prices are ex-showroom, Delhi. Read – 5 Things You Need To Know About New Hyundai Creta
|Specifications||New 2018 Hyundai Creta||Old Hyundai Creta|
|Petrol Engine||1.6L Dual VTVT (121bhp/151Nm)||1.6L Dual VTVT (121bhp/151Nm)|
|Diesel Engine||1.4L CRDi (89bhp/220Nm)||1.4L CRDi (89bhp/220Nm)|
|Diesel Engine||1.6L U2 CRDi (126bhp/259Nm)||1.6L U2 CRDi (126bhp/259Nm)|
|Transmissions||5-speed MT, 6-speed MT & AT||5-speed MT, 6-speed MT & AT|
– For power, the new Hyundai Creta 2018 uses the same engines – a 1.4L diesel, a 1.6L diesel and a 1.6L petrol.
– The carmaker has dropped the SX+ trim on the updated SUV lineup and the SX (O) is the new top-spec variant across the 1.6L petrol and diesel trims. The 1.4L diesel powertrain is available only on the E+ and S trims.
– The 1.6-litre dual VTVT petrol engine makes 121bhp with 151Nm, and the 1.4-litre CRDi and 1.6-litre U2 CRDi VGT diesel motors deliver 89bhp with 220Nm and 126bhp with 259Nm respectively.
– No changes have been made to the transmissions as well. The SUV continues to come with three gearbox options – a 5-speed manual, a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic. Read – 5 Upcoming Hyundai Creta Rivals
|Mileage||New Hyundai Creta 2018||Old Hyundai Creta|
|1.6L Diesel||19.67kmpl (MT), 17.01kmpl (AT)||19.67kmpl (MT), 17.01kmpl (AT)|
– Similar to the old model, the new Hyundai Creta 2018 facelift is high on fuel efficiency. Since it comes with the same old engines, the mileage figures remain unchanged.
– The 1.6L petrol motor promises fuel economy of 15.29kmpl, and the 1.4L and 1.6L diesel powertrains offer 21.38kmpl and 19.67kmpl-17.01kmpl respectively. Check Out – Upcoming Hyundai Cars in India
|Dimensions||New Hyundai Creta 2018||Old Hyundai Creta|
– The overall length, width and height of the new Hyundai Creta 2018 facelift remain unchanged.
– Proportionally, the SUV is 4,270mm long, 1,780mm wide and 1,630mm tall with a wheelbase of 2,590mm. It has a ground clearance of 183mm.
– Just like the old Hyundai Creta, the new one comes with a luggage capacity of 400-litres. Read – Hyundai 8-Seater SUV Under Development
– Aiming to enhance its comfort and convenience levels, Hyundai has updated the feature list of the new Creta facelift.
– One of the major additions is the first-in-class smart electric sunroof, which is exclusively offered on the range-topping trim.
– The SUV also gets a new 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system supporting Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and MirrorLink. It also comes with the iBlue Audio Control App.
– The wireless phone charger, auto door lock, 6-way powered driver seats, smart key band add more to its comfort quotient.
– Features such as height adjustable driver’s seat, sliding front armrest, dual airbags and Anti-lock braking system (ABS) are standard across the carline. Read – New Hyundai Elantra Facelift Launch & Other Details
– The six airbags are reserved for the top-spec variant. The SUV also comes loaded with Hill Assist Control (HAC), Electronic Stability Control (ESC), Vehicle Stability Management (VSM) and new front seatbelt pre-tensioners.
– Visually, the new Hyundai Creta 2018 looks sportier than the old model.
– Hyundai has made comprehensive updates on the front fascia of the car. It has more aggressive appeal, thanks to the new cascade grille with a chrome bezel, new bi-functional projector headlamps, new bumper with dual-tone finish and skid plates, revised fog lamp assembly with new LED DRLs, LED side indicators and positioning lamp.
– Towards the side, the SUV gets 17-inch diamond cut alloy wheels and a shark fin antenna. The top-spec trim of the new Creta gets a glossy A-pillar. Check Out – 2019 Hyundai i20 Active Pictures & Details
– At the rear end, there are updated taillamps enhancing the new look of the car.
– Hyundai also offers two new dual-tone paint scheme on the facelifted model – Passion Orange and Marina Blue along with the new Passion Orange and Black. One can also opt for the new Tangerine Orange interior colour theme.
Latest Video – 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Vs Maruti Baleno