Mahindra has finally launched the long-awaited Marazzo 7-seater MPV in the Indian market. In terms of pricing, the new MPV is slotted right between the Suzuki Ertiga and the Toyota Innova Crysta. This MPV is based on Mahindra’s new ladder frame chassis and is the only car to have front-wheel-drive layout along with ladder chassis. The MPV is claimed to have several segment leading features. Here we bring you a spec based comparison between the new Mahindra Marazzo and the top-selling Toyota Innova Crysta –
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Toyota Innova Crysta Price
|Mahindra Marazzo||NA||Rs 9.99 lakh – 13.90 lakh|
|Toyota Innova||Rs 14.65 lakh – Rs 21.01 lakh||Rs 15.45 lakh – Rs 23.06 lakh|
– The Mahindra Marazzo is available in 4 variants – M2, M4, M6 and M8 – priced between Rs 9.99 lakh and 13.90 lakh (ex-showroom, pan India).
– The middle M4 and M6 variants are priced at Rs 10.95 lakh and Rs 12.40 lakh, respectively.
– The Toyota Innova Crysta is available in both petrol and diesel guise, while the Marazzo is offered in diesel version only.
– The Innova Crysta is available in the price range of Rs 14.65 lakh and Rs 22.01 lakh. The Touring Sport model is tagged at Rs 18.59 lakh for base model and Rs 23.06 lakh for top-end model.
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Toyota Innova Crysta Specifications
– The new Marazzo also mark the debut of Mahindra’s all-new 1.5-litre diesel engine, which features lightweight cam cover, intake manifold and cylinder head.
– This engine churns out a maximum power output of 121.3bhp and a peak torque of 300Nm. Power is transmitted to the front wheels via a 6-speed manual gearbox.
– On the other hand, the Innova Crysta is available with two engine options – 2.4-litre diesel and 2.8-litre petrol.
– The diesel engine is capable of producing 147bhp and 343Nm of torque, while the petrol unit offers 174bhp and 360Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic unit.
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Toyota Innova Crysta Mileage
– The Marazzo is claimed to return an ARAI certified fuel economy of 17.6kmpl, which is pretty impressive.
– On the other hand, the Innova is claimed to offer 15.1kmpl and 14.29kmpl in manual and automatic respectively.
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Toyota Innova Crysta Dimensions
– In terms of proportions – the Marazzo is 4,585mm in length, 1,866mm in width and 1,774mm in height. It comes with a wheelbase of 2,760mm, while the turning radius stands at 5.25mm.
– While the lower-spec M2, M4 and M6 variants ride on 16-inch wheels, the top-spec M8 variant gets 17-inch wheels.
– On the other hand, the Innova measures 4,735mm, 1,830mm and 1,795mm in length, width and height respectively. The MPV has a wheelbase of 2,750mm.
– The Innova is 150mm longer and 21mm taller than the Marazzo. However, the Marazzo is 36mm wider and has 10mm longer wheelbase.
Mahindra Marazzo Vs Toyota Innova – Top Features
– In terms of features, the Marazzo gets a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with in-built GPS navigation, Bluetooth, connectivity, 8 GB internal memory, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Mahindra’s EcoSense, voice recognition, etc.
– Other comfort and convenience features include fully automatic front air conditioning units, rear air conditioner, steering mounted cruise control, adjustable & foldable ORVMs, leatherette seat upholstery, driver side height adjustable seat, remote keyless entry, LED headlamps, cornering lamps, dual-tone bumpers, entry assist lamps, integrated rear spoiler with LED high mount stop lamp, etc.
– Talking about Innova, the base G variant gets 7-inch entertainment system with voice commands and Bluetooth connectivity, dual front airbags, and driver knee airbag ABS with EBD and 16-inch alloys.
– The top-spec model receives smart entry with push button start, wood-finishing on panels, VSC (vehicle stability control) curtain airbags, HAC (hill-start assist control), LED projector headlamps and 17-inch alloy wheels.