Here is a specifications based comparison between the Mahindra Alturas and Toyota Fortuner.
The long-awaited Mahindra’s 7-seater premium SUV based on the global Rexton will officially go on sale on November 24, 2018. Called Mahindra Alturas, the SUV will be the company’s flagship and the most expensive model in India. This SUV will challenge the likes of Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour. Here we bring you a specifications based comparison between the Alturas and Fortuner. Check out Mahindra Alturas Vs Toyota Fortuner price, specifications, features and other details –
Mahindra Alturas Vs Toyota Fortuner Price
|Name of the Car||Price|
|Alturas||Rs 23 lakh to Rs 28 lakh (estimated)|
|Fortuner||Rs 29.22 lakh to Rs 32.93 lakh(ex-showroom, Delhi)|
– The segment-leader Toyota Fortuner is available in both petrol and diesel guise. The petrol version is priced between Rs 27.23 lakh and Rs 28.83 lakh.
– The diesel version is offered in 4 variants – 4×2 MT, 4×2 AT, 4×4 MT and 4×4 AT – priced between Rs 29.22 lakh and Rs 32.93 lakh. All the prices are ex-showroom, Delhi.
– The Alturas will be Mahindra’s most expensive SUV, which is based on the global SsangYong Rexton. With decent local components, the Alturas will undercut the prices of the Fortuner. It is likely to be priced between Rs 23 lakh – Rs 28 lakh.
Mahindra Alturas Vs Toyota Fortuner Specifications
|Petrol Engines||NA||2.7L 4-cylinder|
|Diesel||2.2L, 4-cylinder||2.8L, 4-cylinder|
|Transmission||7-speed AT||6-speed MT & 6-speed AT|
– Powering the Fortuner is a 2.8-litre 4-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that is capable of producing 174bhp of power and 450Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Both rear-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive layouts will be on offer.
– The Alturas will only come in diesel avatar. It will be powered by a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine that also powers the global Rexton.
– This turbocharged unit is capable of producing 180.5bhp of power at 4,000rpm and 420Nm of torque between 1,600rpm and 2,600rpm. Transmission duties will be carried out by a 7-speed automatic gearbox sourced from Mercedes-Benz. It will come with both the 4WD and the RWD system. Read – Mahindra Alturas – 5 Facts To Know
Mahindra Alturas Vs Toyota Fortuner Mileage
The Toyota Fortuner diesel MT and AT returns an ARAI certified mileage of 14.4kmpl and 12.9kmpl respectively. On the other hand, the Alturas is expected to deliver somewhere round 15kmpl.
Mahindra Alturas Vs Toyota Fortuner Dimensions
– The Mahindra’s 7-seater SUV is bigger in size compared to the Toyota Fortuner. It is 55mm longer and 105mm wider, though the Fortuner is 35mm taller. In fact, the wheelbase is 95mm more than the segment leader, which should translate into more cabin.
– Dimensionally, the Fortuner is 4,795mm long, 1,855mm wide and 1,835mm tall. The SUV has a ground clearance of 2,745mm, while the ground clearance stands at 220mm.
– On the flip side, the Mahindra Alturas is 4,850mm in length, 1,960mm in width and 1,800mm in height. The SUV has a long wheelbase of 2,850mm that hints at a large cabin. The ground clearance is 244mm, which is again segment best.
Mahindra Alturas Vs Toyota Fortuner Features
– Mahindra is leaving no stone unturned to make this upcoming flagship SUV an instant hit in India. Positioning against the Fortuner, the Alturas will offer several high-end comfort and convenience features. While the Alturas will ride on 20-inch alloy wheels, the Fortuner comes with 18-inch alloys. Moreover, the SUV will have electric sunroof which is missing in the Fortuner.
– The Alturas will be equipped with a 9.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and Navigation support. On the other hand, the Fortuner comes with a 7.0-inch touchscreen unit that misses out on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
– In terms of safety and security, the Mahindra Alturas again scores high compared to the Toyota Fortuner. It offers 9 airbags (front passengers, side and curtain airbags), ABS with EBD, speed sensitive steering wheel, Hill descent control, electronic stability program, active rollover protection, rear windscreen defogger, reverse parking camera, etc.
Mahindra Alturas Vs Toyota Fortuner
- Overall Rating