The long-awaited Jeep Compass SUV has finally been launched in the Indian market at a sticker price of Rs 14.95 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The lowered GST rates and 65 per cent localisation has helped the American automaker to achieve aggressive for its first made-in India model. In terms of pricing, this American baby is positioned somewhere between the affordable 7-seater SUVs like the Tata Hexa, Mahindra XUV500 and the more expensive premium SUVs like the Hyundai Tucson and Volkswagen Tiguan. We have already compared the Compass and the popular XUV500 SUV. Here, we are comparing this 5-seater premium SUV and the Tata Hexa 7-seater SUV. Check out Jeep Compass Vs Tata Hexa price, specifications, features, safety features and other details –
Jeep Compass Vs Tata Hexa Price
|Name of the Car||Price (ex-showroom, Delhi)|
|Jeep Compass||Rs 14.95 lakh to Rs 20.65 lakh|
|Tata Hexa||Rs 10.95 lakh to Rs 16.23 lakh|
– While the Compass is available in petrol and diesel guise, the Tata Hexa on the other hand, is offered in diesel version only.
– The Compass diesel model is priced at Rs 15.45 lakh for the base Sport model and Rs 20.65 lakh for the top-end model.
– On the flip side, the base Hexa XE variant is tagged at Rs 10.95 lakh while the top-end XT 4×4 MT version is priced at Rs 16.23 lakh. All the prices are ex-showroom, Delhi. Despite being 7 seater, the Hexa is around 4.5 lakh cheaper than the American counterpart. Read More – Jeep Compass Vs Mahindra XUV500
Jeep Compass Vs Tata Hexa Specifications
|Specifications||Jeep Compass||Tata Hexa|
|Petrol Engines||1.4-litre turbocharged Multi Air||NA|
|Diesel Engines||2.0-litre Multijet II||2.2-litre Varicor|
|Transmission||6-speed MT & 7-speed DSG AT with 4×2 & 4×4 options||6-speed AT & 6-speed MT|
– This Jeep premium SUV is offered in petrol and diesel engines with a choice between 6-speed manual and a 7-speed automatic (petrol only).
– The diesel model will also get a 9-speed automatic gearbox at a later stage.
– The AWD trims in Compass carline also has Select-Terrain system with 4 driving modes – Auto, Snow, Mud and Sand.
– The Hexa Carline is powered by a 2.2-litre Varicor engine that offers two states of tunes – 148bhp/320Nm and 154bhp/400Nm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual, a six-speed manual and a six-speed automatic unit. Read More – Jeep Compass Vs Hyundai Creta
Jeep Compass Vs Tata Hexa Mileage
|Name of the Car||Petrol Mileage||Diesel Mileage|
– The Compass premium 5-seater SUV is claimed to return an ARAI certified fuel economy of 17.1kmpl.
– On the other side, the Hexa 7-seater SUV delivers 17.60kmpl of mileage.
Jeep Compass Vs Tata Hexa Dimensions
|Dimensions||Jeep Compass||Tata Hexa|
– In terms of proportions, the Hexa is longer, wider and taller than the Compass. In fact, the longer wheelbase of the homegrown SUV helps Tata to create an extra row to accommodate seven adults.
– Compass comes with a boot space of 410-litres, while the Hexa has 128-litres of luggage space. However, the boot space can be increased by folding the rear seats. Read More – Jeep Compass Vs Hyundai Tucson
Jeep Compass Vs Tata Hexa Features
|Key Features||Jeep Compass||Tata Hexa|
|Rear AC Vents||Yes||Yes|
|Touchscreen Infotainment system||Yes||Yes|
|Height adj. driver seat||Yes||Yes|
|Steering mounted audio & calling controls||Yes||Yes|
|Apple CarPlay & Android Auto||Yes||No|
|Navigation system & Voice command||Yes||Yes|
|Rain sensing wipers||Yes||Yes|
-The base variants in Jeep Compass line-up get power-operated ORVMs and a 5.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system. While the fully-loaded top-spec variant additionally get HID headlamps, leather seats, rear camera etc
– Salient features including power-operated ORVMs with heated function, automatic headlamps, cruise control, reclining second seats, front/rear power windows, adjustable headrests etc comes as standard across line-up.
– The Hexa is also equipped with several high-end features such as multi-coloured ambient mood lighting, sport mode with race car function, Juke car app, fog lamps, premium benecke-kaliko upholstery and others. Read More – Jeep Compass Vs Volkswagen Tiguan
Jeep Compass Vs Tata Hexa Safety Features
|Key Features||Jeep Compass||Tata Hexa|
|ABS with EBD||Yes||Yes|
|Rear Parking Camera||Yes||Yes|
|Speed Sensing Auto Door lock||Not Known||Yes|
|Autonomous emergency braking||Not Known||No|
|Reverse parking sensor||Yes||Yes|
|Auto Day/Night IRVM||Yes||Yes|
|All Disc brakes||Yes||Yes|
– Jeep Compass carline gets electronic stability control, Hill Start Assist, Traction Control and dual airbags as standard fitments.
-The top-of-the-line grade comes with six airbags. Other safety features on the SUV will include electronic rollover mitigation, cornering fog lamps, etc.
– Talking about Hexa, the 7 seater SUV has six airbags, co-driver airbag deactivation and off indicator, electronic stability program with roll over mitigation, traction control system, hill hold control, hill descent control, etc.
– As standard, the SUV has ABS with EBD and brake assist, engine drag-torque control, corner stability control and child safety lock on rear doors.