Here is a specifications based comparison between the new Santro and Tata Tiago
Korean automaker, Hyundai has finally re-introduced the Santro nameplate in the Indian market. The hatchback is available in 9 variants across 5 trim levels, priced between Rs 3.89 lakh and Rs 5.45 lakh (ex-showroom, India). Despite being an entry-level car, the new Santro is positioned as a premium alternative to cars like Tata Tiago, Maruti Celerio/ Wagon R and Renault Kwid. We have already compared the specs of Santro with Wagon R and Kwid. Here we bring you a spec based comparison between the new Santro and Tata Tiago. Check out 2018 Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago price, specifications, mileage, features & other details –
2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Tata Tiago Price
– Tata Motors entry-level hatchback – Tiago is available in both petrol and diesel guise, While the Santro is offered in petrol version only.
– While the petrol range of Tiago is priced between Rs 3.39 lakh and Rs 5.63 lakh, the diesel Tiago cost Rs 4.20 lakh for base model and Rs 6.04 lakh for top-spec model.
– While the base variant of the new Santro is expensive than the Tiago, the top-end petrol version of Tiago is pricier than the Santro. The Santro’s petrol manual is priced between Rs 3.89 lakh and Rs 5.45 lakh, while the AMT version costs Rs 4.97 lakh for Magna variant and Rs 5.2 lakh for Sportz model. The CNG kitted model is tagged at Rs 5 lakh for Magna and Rs 5.38 lakh for Sportz variant. Also See – New Hyundai Santro Vs Maruti Wagon R
2018 Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago Specs
– Powering the new Santro is a 1.1-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that is capable of producing 68bhp of power at 5,500rpm and 99Nm of torque at 4,500rpm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a newly developed AMT (Automated Manual Transmission).
– The new Santro also comes with a factory-fitted CNG kit, featuring 1.1-litre petrol motor. This unit delivers 59bhp of power at 5,500rpm and 84Nm of torque at 4,500rpm.
– Under the hood of the Tata Tiago is a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder, Revotron petrol engine that also powers the Tigor. This engine is capable of producing 83.8bhp of power at 6,000rpm and 114Nm of torque at 3,500rpm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and an AMT unit.
– Clearly, Tiago’s engine is more powerful and torquier than the Santro’s engine. However, the later gets a 4-cylinder unit that ensures better low-end performance and better NVH levels.
2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Tata Tiago Mileage
– Hyundai claims that the petrol version of the Santro will deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.3kmpl. The CNG model is claimed to deliver 30.5km/kg.
– The Tata Tiago is claimed to offer an impressive fuel economy of 23.84kmpl. The numbers clearly indicates that Tiago is also more fuel efficient than the Santro. Also See – Hyundai Santro Vs Renault Kwid
2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Tata Tiago Dimensions
– In terms of proportions, the new Santro is longer and wider than the previous model. It measures 3,610mm in length, 1,645mm in width and 1,560mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,400mm. The hatchback has a ground clearance of 160mm.
– Dimensionally, the new Tiago is bigger than the Santro. It is 3,746mm long, 1,647mm wide and 1,535mm tall and has a wheelbase of 2,400mm. The hatchback has a ground clearance of 170mm, which is good enough to tackle rough road conditions.
– The Tiago is 136mm longer and 2mm wider than the Santro, though the later is 25mm wider. Moreover, the ground clearance of Tiago is 10mm more than the Santro.
2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Tata Tiago Features
– With new Santro, Hyundai aims to play premium in terms of cabin experience. The hatchback is equipped with several segment-first features, which are missing in most of the segment-above cars.
– The hatchback gets dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, foldable rear seats, all-four power windows as standard. In fact, the hatchback gets segment-first rear air-con vents. The top-spec model also has a large 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
– Tata Tiago is also a feature-loaded car, which gets several useful features. The base variant misses out on standard safety features; however, these features are offered as optional even with base model.
– In terms of features, the Tiago gets flip folding rear seats, remote tail-gate opening, multi-drive modes – City and Eco, follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensing door locks, rear parking sensors, Harman infotainment system, front fog lamps, ORVMS with LED blinkers, multi-functional steering wheel, height-adjustable driver’s seat, cooled glovebox, corner stability control, etc.
Hyundai Santro Vs Tata Tiago
- Overall Rating