Here is a specifications based comparison between the new Hyundai Santro and Maruti Wagon R
Korean automaker, Hyundai has finally launched the new-gen 2018 Hyundai Santro tall-boy hatchback in India. The new model is available in 9 variants across 5 trim levels. It has received overwhelming response from buyers with bookings crosses 23,500 mark in just 13 days. The small car currently commands a waiting period of around 4 months in certain cities. With new Santro, Hyundai will play premium in the entry-level segment. The new hatchback will rival the likes of Maruti Wagon R, Renault Kwid, Tata Tiago and the Maruti Suzuki Celerio. Here we bring you a specifications based comparison between the new Santro and the Wagon R. Check out new 2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Maruti Wagon R price, specifications, features, mileage and other details –
2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Maruti Wagon R Price
|2018 Hyundai Santro||Rs 3.89 lakh – Rs 5.46 lakh|
|Maruti Wagon R||Rs 4.18 lakh – Rs 5.35 lakh|
– The Maruti Wagon R tall-boy hatchback is available in petrol version only. This practical car is priced in the range of Rs 4.18 lakh and Rs 5.35 lakh.
– While the entry-level variants of the new Santro are cheaper than the Wagon R, the top-spec model is expensive by around 10,000. However, the top-end Santro Asta trim gets high-end features that are missing in the WagonR.
– The new Santro is available in 9 variants across 5 trim levels. It is priced in the range of Rs 3.89 lakh to Rs 5.45 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
– For people not in the know, Maruti Suzuki is also working on the new-generation Wagon R. The new model will be launched in the first quarter of 2019.
2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Maruti Wagon R Specifications
|Specifications||2018 Hyundai Santro||Maruti WagonR|
|Petrol||1.1L, 4-cylinder||1.0L, 3-cylinder|
|Transmission||5-speed MT, AMT||5-speed MT, AMT|
– Under the bonnet of the new Santro is a 1.1-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 68bhp of power at 5,500rpm and 99Nm of torque at 4,500rpm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a newly developed AMT (Automated Manual Transmission).
– The new Santro also gets a factory-fitted CNG kit, featuring 1.1-litre petrol motor. This unit delivers 59bhp of power at 5,500rpm and 84Nm of torque at 4,500rpm.
– Maruti’s tall-boy hatchback is equipped with a free-revving 1.0-litre, K-Series engine. This 3-cylinder petrol engine is capable of producing 67bhp of maximum power and 90Nm of torque. For transmission duties, the hatchback gets a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard and a 5-speed AMT unit as optional. Also See – All New Hyundai Santro – Renault Kwid Killer Is Here
2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Maruti Wagon R Mileage
|2018 Hyundai Santro||20.3|
|Maruti Wagon R||20.5|
– Hyundai claims that the petrol version of the Santro will deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.3kmpl. The CNG model is claimed to deliver 30.5km/kg.
– The Maruti Wagon R hatchback is claimed to deliver 20.5kmpl in petrol and 26.6km/kg in CNG.
2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Maruti Wagon R Dimensions
|Dimensions||2018 Hyundai Santro||Maruti Wagon R|
– In terms of proportions, the new Santro is longer and wider than the previous model. It measures 3,610mm in length, 1,645mm in width and 1,560mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,400mm. The hatchback has a ground clearance of 160mm.
– On the flip side, the Wagon R tall-boy hatchback is 3,636mm, 1,475mm and 1,670mm in length, width and height respectively. It rides on a wheelbase of 2,400mm, while the ground clearance stands at 165mm. In comparison, the Wagon R is 26mm longer than the new Santro.
2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Maruti Wagon R Features
– Hyundai has left no stone unturned to give a premium feel to customers with the new Santro hatchback. The hatchback is equipped with several segment-first features, which are missing in most of the segment-above cars.
– The hatchback gets dual-front airbags, ABS with EBD, foldable rear seats, all-four power windows as standard. In fact, the hatchback gets segment-first rear air-con vents. The top-spec model also has a large 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which is compatible with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. In fact, the top-spec model also gets rear parking camera. Driver side airbag, ABS with EBD, seat belt reminder and reverse parking camera is available as standard.
– In comparison, the Maruti Wagon R lacks behind when it comes to interior feel and features. The fully-loaded model gets a double-din stereo, dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, projector headlamps, foldable rear seats, power windows and alloy wheels.
2018 Hyundai Santro Vs Maruti Wagon R
- Overall Rating