A specifications based comparison between the new Honda CRV and Toyota Fortuner
The long-awaited new-generation Honda CR-V SUV has finally come to an end. Honda has introduced the new CR-V in total of 3 variants – Petrol CVT, Diesel AT 2WD and Diesel AT 4WD. We have already driven this SUV and you can check the video review here. The SUV is bigger than the previous model and is available in both 5 and 7-seat options. The 7-seater model sits between the Hyundai Tucson and the Toyota Fortuner, in terms of pricing and dimensions. Here we bring you a spec based comparison between the new CRV and the Fortuner. Check out 2018 Honda CRV Vs Toyota Fortuner price, specifications, mileage, dimensions and other details –
2018 Honda CRV Vs Toyota Fortuner Price
|Honda CR-V (Expected)||Rs 28.15 lakh||Rs 30.65 – 32.75 lakh|
|Toyota Fortuner||Rs 27.23 – 28.23 lakh||Rs 29.22 – 32.93 lakh|
– The Toyota Fortuner is available in petrol and diesel guise. The petrol version is available in two versions – Manual and automatic – priced at Rs 27.23 lakh and Rs 28.23 lakh respectively.
– The diesel version is available in four variants in both 2-wheel and 4-wheel drive options. The diesel Fortuner is priced between Rs 29.22 lakh and Rs 32.93 lakh, ex-showroom.
– The new-gen Honda CR-V is also available in petrol and diesel options. The company has introduced the fully-loaded versions of the SUV, which is available in single petrol CVT and Diesel 9AT 2WD and AWD options. While the petrol unit is priced at Rs 28.15 lakh, the diesel version is priced between Rs 30.65 lakh and Rs 32.75 lakh (ex-showroom, Pan India).
2018 Honda CRV Vs Toyota Fortuner Specifications
– The Fortuner’s petrol version is powered by a 2.7-litre, 4-cylinder engine that is capable of producing 163.7bhp of power and 245Nm of torque. This engine is paired to either a 5-speed manual or a six-speed automatic gearbox.
– The diesel version is powered by a 2.8-litre, 4-cylinder turbocharged engine that produces 174.5bhp of power at 2,400rpm and 450Nm of torque between 1,600 to 2,400rpm. Transmission options include a six-speed manual and a six-speed automatic unit.
– The new Honda CR-V will be offered with 2 new engines – 1.6-litre i-DTEC turbo-diesel & 2.0-litre i-VTEC petrol. The diesel engine is capable of producing 118.3bhp of power and 300Nm of torque. On the flip side, the petrol version produces 151.8bhp of power and 189Nm of torque.
– A 2WD layout will come as standard, while the diesel model will also get 4WD system. While the petrol engine is paired to a CVT unit, the diesel CR-V gets a 9-speed ZF automatic unit.
– The diesel Fortuner is clearly way more powerful and torquier than the new Honda CR-V diesel. The CR-V’s diesel engine is good enough for City and highways, thanks to new 9-speed AT unit with short gear ratios. Also See – 5 Reasons Why Toyota Fortuner Is India’s Best-Selling Premium SUV
2018 Honda CRV Vs Toyota Fortuner Mileage
– This is one area where Honda CR-V clearly beats the Toyota Fortuner SUV. The new CR-V is claimed to be the most fuel efficient in its category.
– Honda claims that the petrol version of the new Honda CRV 2018 delivers an ARAI-certified mileage of 14.4kmpl. On the flip side, the diesel model returns 19.5kmpl (2WD) and 18.3kmpl (4WD). Also See – New Honda CR-V – Top 5 Features
2018 Honda CRV Vs Toyota Fortuner Dimensions
– In terms of proportions, the new CR-V is 4,592mm in length, 1,855mm in width and 1,689mm height with a wheelbase of 2660mm. While the petrol model weighs 1,545kg, the diesel model kerb weight stands at 1,666kg (2WD) and 1,725kg (4WD).
– The Fortuner SUV measures 4,795mm, 1,855mm and 1,835mm in length, width and height respectively. The SUV has a wheelbase of 2,745mm, which ensures enough space for all three-occupants.
– While the Fortuner has a ground clearance of 220mm, the new CR-V comes with a good 208mm of ground clearance.
– The 5-seater Honda CRV has a trunck capacity of 522-litres, which can be extended to 1,084-litres by folding the 2nd row of seats. The 7-seater model offers a cargo space of 150-litre, 472-litre with 3rd row fold and 936-litre with 2nd and 3rd row fold. On the flip-side, the Toyota Fortuner has a boot space of 296-litres that can be extended further by folding the 2nd and 3rd row of seats.
2018 Honda CRV Vs Toyota Fortuner Features
– The new CR-V is positioned as a premium SUV, which comes equipped with several high-end features. The vehicle gets LED DRLs, full LED headlights, LED turn indicators and LED tail and brake lights. Other features include electronic parking brake, 60:40 split seat, dual-zone automatic climate control, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, and remote keyless entry, push button start/stop, panoramic sunroof with 3 modes, auto rain sensing wipers and cruise control with speed limiters.
– In terms of safety, the new CR-V gets ABS with EBD, brake assit, Vehicle stability assist, traction control system, hill start assist, 7 airbags, multi-angle rearview camera, walk away door locks and driver attention monitor.
– Toyota Fortuner feature list includes Smart entry, push start/stop button, full automatic power back door with height adjust memory, 8-way electrically adjustable drivers’ seat, automatic climate control, cruise control, leather upholstery, touchscreen infotainment system, tailgate with memory function, etc.
– For passengers’ safety and security, the new Fortuner has 7 airbags, ABS with EBD, vehicle stability control with brake assist, hill assist control, whiplash concept front seats, 3-point ELR seat belts across rows, speed auto lock with emergency unlock.
Honda CR-V Vs Toyota Fortuner